Best ship combo?

What should Owl do? Yes, I just referred to myself in the third person.

• Total voters

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Indecision time. . .AGAIN.
I have freed up some store credits, but now find myself trying to decide whether I want to get a Doom Turtle again, with the AA Cyclone, or maybe just buyback my Bucky and Herald CCU - I am a Drake fanboy.

I am far too sober to make this decision alone. Help me TESTies, you're my only hope.

I already have a pre-sale standalone Cyclone that I can upgrade to either RN or AA, which are the two variants that interest me.

Thoughts?

MOAR THINKING!!
If you wanted to do these things:
Professions.png

And you had this:
325 store credits and 1 buyback token.
And you wanted this or some of these (for now):
WANTS.png

What combination would you go for, and why?
Cheers,
Owl

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The Doom Turtle already has a name... But is that the reason you would like one again?

I say there is nothing like flying the fastest ship in the game. So they come at me on my own with a wing of five super hornets? Shields don't count for shit under those odds but my accelerator pedal trumps anything a hundred hornets could throw at me.

That's my strategy, and the reason my Herald is called the Brave Sir Robin

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I have freed up some store credits, but now find myself trying to decide whether I want to get a Doom Turtle again, with the AA Cyclone, or maybe just buyback my Bucky and Herald CCU - I am a Drake fanboy.

I am far too sober to make this decision alone. Help me TESTies, you're my only hope.

I already have a pre-sale standalone Cyclone that I can upgrade to either RN or AA, which are the two variants that interest me.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Owl

I say go with the Doom Turtle and AA Cyclone pack, why you still can buyback the Herald and Bucky later the Doom Turtle with the AA Cyclone pack is highly unlikely you see as a combo again and if, probably not for a very long time. The Doom Turtle and AA Cyclone pack is the better deal IMO.
And then I like Drake too.. but being realistic is another thing that happen when I just had coffee... oh crap, I need a beer.. :beers:

CHEERS! :beer: :beer: :beers:

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
IMHO

Step 1: Buy the Terrapin/Cyclone pack
Step 2: Melt the Terrapin/Cyclone pack
Step 3: Buy a $5 CCU to Cyclone RN and the $20 CCU to Cyclone AA
Step 4: Melt CCUs as needed/wanted
Step 4: Buy back the Herald & Buccaneer back
Step 5: Buy back the Terrapin / Cyclone later (or not)

We both know you will end up with ALL THE SHIPS. You can use the Bucc and the Herald now. Buy back the others later.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Doom Turtle already has a name... But is that the reason you would like one again?

I say there is nothing like flying the fastest ship in the game. So they come at me on my own with a wing of five super hornets? Shields don't count for shit under those odds but my accelerator pedal trumps anything a hundred hornets could throw at me.

That's my strategy, and the reason my Herald is called the Brave Sir Robin

Hahaha, good strategy. And great thought process. I loved the terrapin when she first came out, but have since started to question her usage. That being said, as a Command and Control ship, she may be wonderful. Also, she was touted as a combat medivac as well.

Oh, and I believe when she came out, I floated this idea as a TEST weapon:
IMHO

Step 1: Buy the Terrapin/Cyclone pack
Step 2: Melt the Terrapin/Cyclone pack
Step 3: Buy a $5 CCU to Cyclone RN and the $20 CCU to Cyclone AA
Step 4: Melt CCUs as needed/wanted
Step 4: Buy back the Herald & Buccaneer back
Step 5: Buy back the Terrapin / Cyclone later (or not)

We both know you will end up with ALL THE SHIPS. You can use the Bucc and the Herald now. Buy back the others later.
Wisdom. Knowledge. Good thinking.

You must be a SPAI. Haha

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Owl
Just the doom turtle... in case you need this

View: https://youtu.be/k1bl8JLKG0Q

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Holy shit I'm $40 from achieving Grand Admiral. Haha.
Sounds like you need a $40 warbond cyclone...

Also, Owl, what do you want each ship for? They have a purpose and excel at certain things.

Doom turtle... good at finding enemy ships as a forward scout. Kind of explorational. Has a rotating seat thing. Piss poor speed and terrible guns. Best shield and best powerplant in its class.

Hark the Herald's engines sing,
Glory to the new speed king.
E-warfare and dirty tactics,
Ships your data without plastics.

Jokes aside, the Herald is a dual class ship with data running and e-warfare (blocking and rerouting signals). It's got crappy weapons too but an amazing engine. That's about it though...

Both can be used as scouts. Terrapin will be better at finding ships but the Herald can actually get away if it finds them. Herald can jam and be annoying in combat or keep the feds off your trail for a little longer.

But what does Owl want to use them for? We could have the best sandwich making ship in the game but if Owl doesn't care for sandwiches, then what good does it do for Owl? We need to know what kind of ship Owl needs.

I say, keep your Doom Turtle. The Herald is a lot easier to ask for later. You'll probably end up using the turtle more anyways. I'll be using my Herald because I want to get around fast and explore fast. I got no time for scans. Show me where the next big wreck is. I want it.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I swore I wouldn't buy any more ships contribute any more to SC development

but the thought of an LTI Terrapin in my hangar is mighty tempting

Forgot your password?