TEST ARK server is up and running

Are you pleased with the new TEST ARK server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz

Hey guys! I'm happy to report that on our second day in, the new TESTies only ARK server is off to a great start. I'm seeing alot of activity on "The Island" and at this time we currently have 4 tribes consisting of 5 or less people.

- Ginyu

-Best Tribe

-Gamm Bamm Boozle

-Arkmpous

I've also noticed a few lone wolves who choose to brave the elements alone and survive the ARK solo. It's tough out there, so if you feel like you just can't get anywhere, jump on Discord and find a tribe to run with. I'm sure any one of them would welcome you with open arms and maybe even a pair of pants. HA!

A big thanks to @Xist for his generosity and expertise in allowing us to get this thing up and going for all you ARK lovers out there. Keep up the good work TESTies, and let me know what you think of the server so far. I've heard a lot of good ideas and hope to get much more input from you guys on the TEST FORUM.

Good luck, and happy hunting :)

@Hydro_Axis

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezz

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Go to PvE zone
Build small house
Store stuff
Logout
Log back in 12h later
House is raided, goods stolen
Fuck this shit

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
im a solo player... nice size base and dinos... Warning if you find my base dont jump my wall the compies will eat you

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Go to PvE zone
Build small house
Store stuff
Logout
Log back in 12h later
Fuck this shit
Yes, unfortunately someone seems to be raiding the PVE area. :(

Best bet is to put some monkeys inside your base. If someone breaks in, either the monkey will kill them, or they will kill the monkey. Either way, you will know who is raiding you.

And to whomever is raiding in PVE: Come on. Seriously?

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Yes, unfortunately someone seems to be raiding the PVE area. :(

Best bet is to put some monkeys inside your base. If someone breaks in, either the monkey will kill them, or they will kill the monkey. Either way, you will know who is raiding you.

And to whomever is raiding in PVE: Come on. Seriously?
I blame the people that put a locked gate on the SE cave. But I'm not pointing fingers... it's actually pointed upward.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
crap I didnt even know there was an Ark server I have been playing on 327 for awhile now.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Its one of the Artifact caves, plus the caves are a great spot to farm chitin. Locking a resource on the PvE side is bad form.....

Reactions: TypeO

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Its one of the Artifact caves, plus the caves are a great spot to farm chitin. Locking a resource on the PvE side is bad form.....
ah, I see. Thx. Well maybe I am alone on this, but raiding noobs in the PvE zone is bad form too.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
ah, I see. Thx. Well maybe I am alone on this, but raiding noobs in the PvE zone is bad form too.
Raiding noobs in the pve zone is pretty atrocious. I was under the impression that we wouldn't be raiding bases in the pvp zone either unless the other faction was online and could defend it. Seeing as how it was early game and nothing was even setup i think its pretty shitty that someone is deciding to rip people off. The rules for this need to be made clear so that everyone is on the same page, i wouldn't mind getting ganked so much if i knew it were ok for me to do it. As a result some of our tribe members have quit, lowering moral and likely reducing the activity on the server.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
PVP side I can see raiding it goes with the playing against the other people. You have to secure it or be prepared to loose it. PVE side should be totally off limits even if it is someone that ganked you on the PVP side.

The reason I tend toward PVE is from way back in the day with UO, people would trap chests and drop them in the middle of town to kill people. Also never ever set a runestone inside your house. Ahh memories, when will the hurting stop.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
As a moderator, I'm asking whoever is responsible for this to please stop. Several people have begun to leave the ARK server because they don't find your actions amusing and it was not the intended purpose of this server to be raiding PvE areas.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Go to PvE zone
Build small house
Store stuff
Logout
Log back in 12h later
Fuck this shit

Where exactly was your house? Also, if it is happening on the PVE side that means other "PVE" people are doing it. The PVP side is pretty barren so we have the run of it right now with everything and no need to go over there. I want to resolve who is doing this to prevent it and punish those responsible.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
PVP side I can see raiding it goes with the playing against the other people. You have to secure it or be prepared to loose it. PVE side should be totally off limits even if it is someone that ganked you on the PVP side.

The reason I tend toward PVE is from way back in the day with UO, people would trap chests and drop them in the middle of town to kill people. Also never ever set a runestone inside your house. Ahh memories, when will the hurting stop.

The PVE side is completely off limits to raiding, player killing, etc.

The only consideration will be if you attack someone in the PVP zone and think you an escape to the PVE side. Flag an admin if you think you are in the right, and remember, there are plenty of officers that are playing. I have no problem crushing people with the temp ban hammer from all Test related things for being a douche.

Reactions: TypeO

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
The PVE side is completely off limits to raiding, player killing, etc.

The only consideration will be if you attack someone in the PVP zone and think you an escape to the PVE side. Flag an admin if you think you are in the right, and remember, there are plenty of officers that are playing. I have no problem crushing people with the temp ban hammer from all Test related things for being a douche.
Knax and I have spoken and decided we will leave our respective tribes and create a new "admin" tribe to enforce "fairplay" and the rules regarding PVE zones. We will remain a neutral party and will NOT be participating in raids. We will respond to complaints on the forums as well as any that may arise while we are on the server. Anyone with issues is welcome to contact us @Hydro_Axis and/or @Knax.

Last edited:

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Thanx guys, it sucks that we need a referee tribe, but just knowing that its there might curb some of the random acts of douchiness.

Forgot your password?