Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
So Xist was so kind to setup a Server for Ark, and i know there has been a lot of interest for this game for a while.

Shive asked around if we where to make a server if they would join and we got a list of around 30 people

Server IP: 104.197.46.125
Server Password: squadron
output_crYJYc.gif

U6lrqxo.jpg

Gather Rate * 3
Node Health * 2
This makes it so that you get 1.5 (150%) Resource per hit on a resource node and the node health makes it so you can hit it twice as much

The taming time * 2.5

Breeding 5X

The server is Donated to us by Xist so remember to tell him that you love him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I feel like extending the pve zone to include at least the northeastern mountain would be beneficial for those of us who want to play with others while not having to feel like they are going to get player raped by going to get metal.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I feel like extending the pve zone to include at least the northeastern mountain would be beneficial for those of us who want to play with others while not having to feel like they are going to get player raped by going to get metal.
It's true that the current idea of the PVE area doesn't really include an area to farm metal in any real quantity. Only the rivers are available to the PVE area at the moment, where you can get some metal, but not very much of it.

I think @Hydro_Axis is planning to either use this thread and/or create a new thread specifically for the purposes of discussing questions and ideas just like this.

Anyway, good suggestion, something that should be considered IMO.

Reactions: Munken

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Just logging here the idea I threw out in Discord:

- Set some limit to number of tribe members (5?)
- Each tribe has an object hidden somewhere on the map (i.e., a Note with a special code or something)
- Two weeks of full PvE time to build bases, tame dinos, hide this magic 'object', etc.
- 1 week of full PvP (perhaps excluding the PvE zone currently outlined)
- If your tribe's 'magic object' is found by another tribe, you are conquered
- Last tribe to retain their 'magic object' wins
- Reset Map

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
Just logging here the idea I threw out in Discord:

- Set some limit to number of tribe members (5?)
- Each tribe has an object hidden somewhere on the map (i.e., a Note with a special code or something)
- Two weeks of full PvE time to build bases, tame dinos, hide this magic 'object', etc.
- 1 week of full PvP (perhaps excluding the PvE zone currently outlined)
- If your tribe's 'magic object' is found by another tribe, you are conquered
- Last tribe to retain their 'magic object' wins
- Reset Map
Def not going with conquered over this item that someone randomly stumbles upon, wont abide by this. PvE has infinite time to build with nothing ever happening to them, and in PvP I shoot on site. Def no map reset over a random item find.

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Def not going with conquered over this item that someone randomly stumbles upon, wont abide by this. PvE has infinite time to build with nothing ever happening to them, and in PvP I shoot on site. Def no map reset over a random item find.
The thought is you would hide said item in either your well-defended fortress, or, a small hidden outpost.

Just trying to find ways to avoid the 3-week burnout. Full PvE gets boring, nothing to after a while. Full PvP generally == offline raiding which is no fun either. If you get conquered, oh well, that's 1 point for another team. Rebuild and try again.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
I just got the game last night, never played. I have no idea what I'm doing!
okay, it's really good if you look at the list of people ye? Find a few others and get agreed to start together. That's like what's gonna give you the best experience! It's hard to start out single, not very motivating. Grouped play on the other hand - is a lot of fun.

Edit, you're welcome to join our little veteran group for a while if you can't find any :) <3

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
The thought is you would hide said item in either your well-defended fortress, or, a small hidden outpost.

Just trying to find ways to avoid the 3-week burnout. Full PvE gets boring, nothing to after a while. Full PvP generally == offline raiding which is no fun either. If you get conquered, oh well, that's 1 point for another team. Rebuild and try again.
Box3r, I think I saw you join in yesterday - you got anyone in your tribe thingie?

Hydro_Axis

Space Marshal
Mar 3, 2015
RSI Handle
RedBeerdz
How many tribes do we have going?
At this point I see 2 Tribes:
- Super Saiyans
- Best Tribe

Ofcourse the server has only been up for a day so i'm sure more tribes will spring up as interest grows and more people join the server.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
We definitely want to have more tribes!

PVE is fun until you learn how the game works. After that, it isn't really a challenge anymore, and that is where PVP comes into play.

But for PVP to be of any interest at all, we need competing tribes.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I rage quit after I accidentally poked a bronto and it proceeded to rage stomp my house to death. 11/10
I have been playing about 69 hours of single player and almost that exact reason was about my 3rd rage quit. Up until about 30 hours rage was a daily issue and yet I kept coming back. Now it only happens every couple of days. Like the time I dismounted my last flyer over the northeast island. Stupid E key.

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
Box3r, I think I saw you join in yesterday - you got anyone in your tribe thingie?
Yes, I popped on for a few hours the other night. Still one wolfing, but hopefully not for long. Work, Familiy Obligations, and V-Day are all screwing with my play time this weekend, but I hope to be more active next week and recruit into my tribe.

Also took some screenshots and documented first few hours playing, will try to make a weekly "War Report" post

Forgot your password?