TEST Book Club - July Nominations (CLOSED)

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Welcome fellow book worms! Its that time again to nominate your favorite novel for our little club's reading pleasures. You all know what to do (if not, follow my example below!).

Everyone is welcome to join in on the nominating and voting phases as this will make you a member! Hooray!

Below are the rules for the nomination process:

• One nomination per person
  • Please include book title and author
  • Please do NOT change your nomination
  • Feel free to give us a brief synopsis or reason why you nominated your selection.
Have fun! Hope you all are enjoying our June book. If you dont know what it is, feel free to check out the June Selection thread.

One last thing, if you are new and want to catch up on all of this year's readings in one spot, you can find all of our selections thus far on our group page on goodreads.com found here.

Reactions: Vavrik and Sraika

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I will nominate Red Rising by Pierce Brown. This is one of my favorite books and really captured my attention while reading it. Below is the synopsis found on the goodreads page.

"Darrow is a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he works all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of Mars livable for future generations.

Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better world for his children.

But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow—and Reds like him—are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.

Inspired by a longing for justice, and driven by the memory of lost love, Darrow sacrifices everything to infiltrate the legendary Institute, a proving ground for the dominant Gold caste, where the next generation of humanity's overlords struggle for power. He will be forced to compete for his life and the very future of civilization against the best and most brutal of Society's ruling class. There, he will stop at nothing to bring down his enemies... even if it means he has to become one of them to do so.
"

Reactions: Vavrik and Sraika

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
first! second!

...and I nominate anything by William Gibson

Reactions: Vavrik

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I'm not a hard reader of sci-fi books, but I can suggest "Limit" from Frank Schatzing, a near-future sci-fi investigation novel (its over 1300 pages so take your time with it 😅)

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'm not a hard reader of sci-fi books, but I can suggest "Limit" from Frank Schatzing, a near-future sci-fi investigation novel (its over 1300 pages so take your time with it 😅)
Holy moly thats a big book! Our normal novels are around 300 pages on average. But I will add your nomination to the list!

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Have we read Columbus Day by R. C. Bray yet? If not I want to nominate that one again. It has a talking beer can in it.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Have we read Columbus Day by R. C. Bray yet? If not I want to nominate that one again. It has a talking beer can in it.
Goodreads says Columbus Day was written by Craig Alanson, cant find anything by R. C. Bray.... you got a link?

Forgot your password?