TEST Book Club - November Voting - CLOSED

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Alrighty my fellow TESTies! Got some good nominations in this round. Now its time to vote for what we are going to read for November.
Also, please check out our goodreads.com threads to discuss your thoughts on books we have previously read/currently reading found here.
One vote per person, voting closes on 31st of October.

1. Outbound Flight - Timothy Zahn
2. Red Rising - Pierce Brown
3. The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss
4. Magician: Apprentice - Raymond E. Feist
5. The Aimless Expedition - Leland Brown
6. The Sword of Shannara - Terry Brooks
7. First and Only - Dan Abnett
8. We are Legion - Dennis E. Taylor
9. Octagon - Fred Saberhagen
10. The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman
11. On Basilisk Station - David Webber

I went ahead and put links to the books so you can get a synopsis to aid your voting decision. Let the voting begin!

Reactions: Bambooza

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
If I could make a suggestion - Goodreads is yet another thing to sign up to and doesn’t provide a lot of value as it relates to discussion. Why not rebrand the monthly voting thread and use that to discuss the story with spoilers?

My reasoning is we’re all here and active, but goodreads simply isn’t where our conversation is.

Reactions: Printimus

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
If I could make a suggestion - Goodreads is yet another thing to sign up to and doesn’t provide a lot of value as it relates to discussion. Why not rebrand the monthly voting thread and use that to discuss the story with spoilers?

My reasoning is we’re all here and active, but goodreads simply isn’t where our conversation is.
I like the goodreads website because they provide a lot of good info on the books we read, and since we cannot create a group here on the forums, its the easiest place to allot threads which can be easily found. It was meant for book club things similar to what we are doing. I will look into your suggestion further and discuss our options with the moderators and see what we can do.

Reactions: Sraika

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I like the goodreads website because they provide a lot of good info on the books we read, and since we cannot create a group here on the forums, its the easiest place to allot threads which can be easily found. It was meant for book club things similar to what we are doing. I will look into your suggestion further and discuss our options with the moderators and see what we can do.
But... we can create a group here... just twist Seungs nipples a bit and get one made.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
But... we can create a group here... just twist Seungs nipples a bit and get one made.
Right, but from my previous understanding of how mods/leaders want the groups here on this forum, they want groups that only apply to SC gameplay, such as Mining, Combat, etc. I am in discussion with them about this currently and will get you all an answer soon.

Reactions: Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Right, but from my previous understanding of how mods/leaders want the groups here on this forum, they want groups that only apply to SC gameplay, such as Mining, Combat, etc. I am in discussion with them about this currently and will get you all an answer soon.
perhaps we can call it something other than group, like 'club' or whatnot, that way all the actual groups are gameplay-related

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I vote for #11

the first of an excellent series

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Lets keep those votes flowing in. Just a few more days before the selection is made.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Awesome sauce, lets keep those votes coming in. Only a few days left until our winner is picked.

Forgot your password?