TEST SQUADRON: Download PlanetSide2, we are going in for flight school

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Attention Squad!

Get your flight suits on, go download PlanetSide2, we are going to learn how to dogfight.

PlanetSide2 is a free FPSMMO you can download through steam or from the website.

Once you have downloaded it, you will need to join the correct faction and server, so pay attention:

- Vanu Sovereignty
- Mattherson (US East)

Here is what it should look like:

If you actually name yourself "YourNameHere", you will be the first to be shot down.

We are playing Vanu because they are stupid sexy, and also because TEST Outfit.

This is the Scythe we will be learning to blow up in:

Once you have this done, X up below and lets get a count on available pilots.

We will then schedule a time, most likely a Friday or Saturday night and also get somebody to record the momentous event of you crashing into cliff walls.

Last edited:

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
X
Coolest move I pulled off btw so far btw is when I avoided a locked on missile by twisting through columns. Too bad another Vanu Scythe crashed into me just as I avoided that missile though /o\

Reactions: Talonsbane

JL9977

Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JL9977
X
You guys will have plenty of time to see me crash in mountain sides! Just got my new X65F yesterday and still getting used to it. If anyone can give me a quick programming guide to it before starting, it would be really appreciated!

JL9977

Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JL9977
Saturday would be better for me. Friends are going out tomorrow night. If flight training happens tomorrow, I'll catch up another time.

Reactions: Talonsbane

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
They say Eve online is brutal, no one ever talks about your first drop in Planetside.

You sign up, make a soldier with the glorious Vanu Sovereignty, excited to expand science to all the depths and corners of the universe, you're slightly giggling because of the sheer epic scale you are expecting, then it happens. You are shown a small video about your purpose and goal. As the sense of confusion slowly sets in, you are put in a drop pod and sent hurdling down towards the ground. You hit the ground, the doors open and you walk out. You are stunned at the beauty and the huge nature of the Auraxis, as you are looking around, taking it all in, a few shots land on you. You run for cover, not knowing who is shooting you or why, or from where. Behind cover you take a peak and don't see anything. You look closely, you notice about seven different tanks headed your way, with air support, and a horde of enemy infantry behind them. You turn around to run and are met with the same force of a different army. As you look for another hiding place, several explosive shells, AP shells, sniper rifle rounds, and many many different kinds of bullets converge on your head. You are dead.

The genius Instant Action system had dropped you in a TR vs. NC fight.

Welcome to Planetside.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Ops Command needed reinforcement on a command structure under attack. It took me a few deaths before I realized I could best contribute as a medic healing and raising my comrades, but then everybody else also had that idea, so I switched over to assault. A few minutes later, the command structure was lost.

Seems Ops Command forgot to send in some vets.

I had fun, but I'm mostly here to join our flying regimen. I don't quite have the patience right now to spend a couple of hours watching videos on how to play, despite having already spent 30 or so minutes on that. My time-for-gaming budget is low, so I'd rather play something when I've got the time than watch a video about playing.

Not sure how I'm going to afford a flyer, though!

Forgot your password?