Test Squadron Racing Team <Name TBD>

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Although Drinking and Precision Driving don't usually go well together, I believe the time is ripe to form the Test Racing Division, <Name TBD>.

We aren't sure what to call it, but basically, I want to race with people who are also willing to get better at racing. Now, I know that this is actually 'not' our typical nature, as one of the main goals of racing is to 'not' crash, but I'm willing to work against that and possibly actually get 'good' at racing.

The only requirement that I would like to enforce is that whoever plays wants to get better at racing or flying in general.

I don't have any plans on how this would be organized, but I guess for now, I'd like to gauge interest in the concept and see if you wanted to join me in a few pick up races.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Count me in. A friend of mine and I just raced heads up for a Bottle of Jameson. I crashed at the Second ring, FML. Second damn ring. But yeah, let's do this :) Also, WTB LTI M50 if anyone has one laying around.

I will be joining you for some races soon and hosting some of my own. I had the top M50 Time for a while, but was beaten by Drake, FauxShizzle, and some other guys within a day or so as I have a HOTAS and it just was not fast enough to keep up. Also, I rarely fly sober and I am quite certain that has something to do with it.

The "netcode" / matchmaker is pretty bad right now but it is quite possible to get a few friends together. And, if everyone is all aware of each others lines, and adhere to proper Racing Etiquette you it is one of the funnest experiences I have ever had. Of course I usually put on my Sampson Racing Suite, Custom Carbon Fiber Race Helmet, and get in my Battlestation I built specifically for Star Citizen Racing. Yeah, I probably take this stuff a little TOO serious but I am not the only one. This is certainly going to be an Esport. In fact, there have already been Three Racing events. One even had a prize pool of $200 CASH! They had a class for each Chassis.

Also, after speaking with Pedro he has assured me that Racing is a BIG deal at CIG, much bigger now with all the overwhelming positive response from this Commercial:

Holy Moly it has over 550K Views. That is crazy. Over half a million people have seen that one Commercial on that site alone. Then it has been re-uploaded 20 times over on sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.

Do you guys remember this epic scene from one of the best movies ever made (okay, okay, how about one of the best movies from the 90's then? No? Well how about one of the best movies of 1995 :) ? lol

http://videos.criticalcommons.org/transcoded/http/www.criticalcommons.org/Members/ccManager/clips/videogames-as-geek-seduction-in-hackers/video_file/webm-high/hackersvideogamegendercompetition-mp4.webm

Also, I invented the game where you take a shot / drink every lap, and .. well you guys now how that ends up.. lots of crashes. Lots and lots of crashes :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalarast

Frinix

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Mataur
You can count me in... although I still needs like 1500 hours of training, I should be getting a 350r soon... I hope... :D

Reactions: CitizenDad

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Count me in, although I'm going to need plenty of training. At least I have a ship that's designed for it!

And I certainly hope there's more ESport type events with prizes. Seeing this become a real competitive sport would be awesome!

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Thanks guys!

Brandon, all you've made me want to do is watch Hackers again. I'm supposed to be working damn you!

Frinix and Crash, I figure I am about where you are.

To level set with you guys, my current best lap is 1:09:75. Provided I do not crash of course. I figured now that I broke the old top times, I should find out where the other 5 seconds are going to come from to be competitive. The only way to do that is race with people, and any of the matchmaking races I join, complications 'always' happen.

Anyway, I'll be playing SC during my lunch break, and this evening. Hop on TS if you want to race!

Frinix

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Mataur
Well... Sadly my computer blew up on me yesterday evening so it's in repairs.

I'll have to wait a few days to reconnect to AC

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Thanks guys!

Brandon, all you've made me want to do is watch Hackers again. I'm supposed to be working damn you!

Frinix and Crash, I figure I am about where you are.

To level set with you guys, my current best lap is 1:09:75. Provided I do not crash of course. I figured now that I broke the old top times, I should find out where the other 5 seconds are going to come from to be competitive. The only way to do that is race with people, and any of the matchmaking races I join, complications 'always' happen.

Anyway, I'll be playing SC during my lunch break, and this evening. Hop on TS if you want to race!
Hehe, actually that is exactly what I did last night. I downloaded the best copy out there it and watched it right away. My wife has never seen it :dafuqright: but yeah got me super stoked for racing again. And man, Angelina Jolie was smoking hot in that movie, I forgot. A lil ambiguous but still super hot. And what's his name from Trainspotters, that dude was COOL.

But yeah, can't wait to do some Racin' and rubbin' with you guys.

Although this is usually what happens when I race:

"I don't always crash, but when I do, I crash into expensive things." <-------- Hey that's my line !

Well... Sadly my computer blew up on me yesterday evening so it's in repairs.

I'll have to wait a few days to reconnect to AC
Oh hey man sorry about that :( Nothing sucks worse than that ! But no worries we have lots of time. I just recruited a few of my IRL buddies to test though and they are all Racing Simmers (iRacing, Asetto Corsa) too so no rush or anything :)

Last edited:

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I think everybody qualifies. Like, by default.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Don't you ruin my underdog fantasy. I need to bomb out of the qualifiers only to have a montage showing me working on my ship and my techniques.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
So I borrowed an M50 from a friend to show you guys some of my Lap Times and I had the best lap ever...

I shit you not this was my second lap in freaking MONTHS. And man, was it a Lap.

Reactions: RipVanDan

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Count me in althogh i only possess an aurora atm xD

ghost53574

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2014
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/xgh0st
Also, I invented the game where you take a shot / drink every lap, and .. well you guys now how that ends up.. lots of crashes. Lots and lots of crashes :)
Actually that game is a variant of power hour. You may have created the variant for Star Citizen but you did not invent it :D

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
even so. I believe we need to implement this strategy. Historically, I've posted my best lap times in other games while riding the Ballmer Curve, (Reference: http://xkcd.com/323/) I am excited to determine if this also pertains to flight and racing.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Yeah you got me ! I totally just implemented power hour for SC :)

And hey its okay man, I did an Aurora race last night for a bottle of booze and won !

I am all about the Ballmer Curve my bro lol.

Hehe hey I was showing this to @Montoya ; here is my old Civic Hatch if anyone is interested :) It is a lot faster now but my friend bought me out so I barely every get to drive it anymore. I think he got 8.8, last time he went out to the track. If you don't know, that is EXTREMELY fast for a street-car.

But yeah as you can see I am a little bit into Racing with a background in Battle of the Imports, Import Face Off, and SCCA Honda Challenge along with a ton of Street Racing.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Count me in. Or out if I'm out of my cockpit when it crashes.
More of the latter as I've noticed for myself.

I'll be racing again tonight. Stop by teamspeak and we'll set up some games!

Forgot your password?