Test Squadron - Real time members' fleet chart....

May 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Commander Kalibore
Hi all,

Was just sat here thinking how cool it would be to have a real time fleet chart or at least a manually user updatable fleet chart, comprising of each TS member and thier ships so we could all see how many of each ship we have in Test Squadron. We could see what we have the most of and the least of clearly then to make calculated purchases for ships to create a balanced fleet.

Would be great for us all to see how big the TS fleet actually is too.

I actually just also thought how cool this could be if rather than just a set of numbers on a graph or chart, if it were also a single picture with all of the ships in it. So if there were 5 Auroras and a Reedemer, you'd only see that in the picture. If there were 100 of each ship then that is what the picture would look like, catch my drift? Some Kind of Java based software with a function where as you could zoom in and out and see how big the TS fleet is.

If a new member joins, thier ships would be added to the fleet picture.. but I realise a 'real time' feature would be tricky, so a function where they added thier ships manually to begin could be really awesome!! Sure people could add ships they don't have if it were to be done manually, but hopefully people wouldn't muck about with the numbers.

Anyway, what do you guys think? I think it would be a great addition to the website!! Like a first base after logging in to check out what the fleet looks like.

Seeing as I know as much about programming as I do about woman, I shall just present the idea and am hoping someone will step up with the skillz ;)

Cheers guys,

Test Squadron,
Best Squadron !!

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
This will hopefully be possible when Org 2.0 comes out. Soon™

As of now, far too much of a manual process and far too easy for people to lie or have missing information.

This for the meantime has been worked on, not sure how accurate or active it is: https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-fleet.2447/

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I think that having such a thing would be a great organisational security flaw. I don't think our enemies should have an exact picture of all member assets.

May 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Commander Kalibore
Sure man I totally understand how people could put inaccurate info, but I have faith that people would understand the benifit of not mucking around whilst it is a manual process.

I thought someone may have already thought of this, couldn't find any info so thanks kindly for the update, that's awesome.

I think it would be an awesome feature!!! Icing on the beer!

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Macaque

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Or complain to CIG or just moan and groan that Test is to powerful and Organizations should be limited/regulated... basic RSI complaining....
Sadly that is a possibility, I have played games where that exact thing has happened dividing a clan into splinters. We can only hope they just stand hard and tell people to shut up when it comes to things like that.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Sadly that is a possibility, I have played games where that exact thing has happened dividing a clan into splinters. We can only hope they just stand hard and tell people to shut up when it comes to things like that.
TEST Squadron 1
TEST Squadron 2
TEST Squadron 3
etc.

All united in a powerful alliance for the TESTing Good!

Its too easy to get around a limit like that. People wouldn't abide by it and even if CIG came down hard then we'd just operate like the Dark Angels who never really split their legion up.

Reactions: mromutt

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
The nice thing is most of us have played eve online and know how alliances work lol. multiple factions under one banner is all that would happen instead of one big one. trust me.

Reactions: Black Sunder

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
TEST Squadron 1
TEST Squadron 2
TEST Squadron 3
etc.

All united in a powerful alliance for the TESTing Good!

Its too easy to get around a limit like that. People wouldn't abide by it and even if CIG came down hard then we'd just operate like the Dark Angels who never really split their legion up.
Thats what happened in the games I was refering to, but its still a pain or rather a nuisance

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
In regards to complaints that advocate for our breakup, I think it's dumb. CIG can't break an Org like ours up without indirectly threatening others like imperium, xplor, adi, etc.

It would cause too much drama. That said, when I get back from my trip to Island County (I'm posting from my mobile) , I'll probably write an article about Org sizes somewhere. Maybe.

In the long term, nobody should worry about anything until the appropriate features come online.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This again?

It makes no difference how many ships you have, you can only fly one at a time!

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
So you're going to let your son fly our Bengal while you ride shotgun in an Aurora right?
I can have my daughters crew some stations too. Brings you testie kids to work day... To crash a Bengal into a sun. Sounds like fun.

To Nkatos post - I agree that I don't see CIG trying to break organizations up. But how complaint heavy the RSI forums are I know once the PU is launched the complaints will go from LTI, where is my ship, and controller issues it will be on equality among the players and organizations. I'm pessimistic with most things but don't think they will break up organizations just us listening to complaints....

Forgot your password?