TEST withdraws from REDD Faction

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hello TESTies

I hereby official announce our exit from REDD Faction.

I know this may come as a surprise to many of you, but this has been a long time coming.

The issue is that at this early point in the game, TEST overshadows the combined numbers of REDD by several magnitudes.

We could easily overwhelm their political structure and do what ever we want, but that is not what TEST is about.

I want to give REDD the chance to develop on their own, build their brand and personality.

TEST benefits by being free to do what ever we want, free of bureaucratic and political restrictions, which is what we are all about from the start.

This is a win-win for everybody involved.

We left on good terms, there are no hard feelings.

Drinks on the house for the next hour.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I thought the letter was well-written and the reasoning is very supportive of the Faction. Well done.

Can you speak a moment to the pros and cons of leaving them at this time? I imagine RF is reeling a bit from the recent (sudden?) and more heated departures of AS-FL and UL&MC, and am curious as to how you perceive the timing of our withdrawal from your more connected perspective as an elected member of RF leadership.

I think this was inevitable. A number of us have had issues with the RF Constitution, and it's clear that, as the largest RF member organization, a sizable number of the policies of the alliance organization would not have been in our best interests. It's quite the honorable approach to have recognized this and withdrawn, versus using our size and subsequent leverage to mold RF into an entity that would better serve us at, perhaps, the expense of its smaller member organizations.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
23 mins ago... sweeet I got in on happy hour!

I'm really not surprised and I think this is the right thing to do, back when we had under 100 members being part of a big reddit alliance makes sense. But now we dwarf them there were 2 choices: proportional representation, in which case we'd all but run the alliance, unfair on the others and fairly pointless for us. Or non proportional representation, where we would risk haviung out thousands of players being used as a muscle to be flexed at the whim of members of far smaller corps.

I think a reddit alliance is a good thing if it can be done right, but as things currently look, it's not our place, who knows what things will be like at release though.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
"TEST as an your ally."
defiantly waht TEST wuold wright...

(I'm sorry, I JUST had to point it out... typical grammar nazi when it comes to things like this =(... thankfully no downvotes here!!! mwahahaha)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Can you speak a moment to the pros and cons of leaving them at this time?
There are no cons.

Pros, we keep on doing things like we always have with no worries about a constitution or rules. Not that we cared before, but that was a sticky topic on its own, that the largest org in the Faction seemed to dismiss the very documents that were written by the faction.

Its better for everybody this way.

Grimm Jester

Admiral
Jun 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Jester
Folowing a whole lot of rules and guidelines never really was our strength was it?
I mean bureaucracy in all honour but when we're talking about people who'd rather just spend a friday night getting drunk and flying their ships into bigger ships then it might not really work out all to well to start pointing out what we can and can't do.
Not that I really cared about the whole ReddFaction thing to begin with, I do what I want.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Does this mean we don't have to be downvote faction anymore? :V

In all seriousness, I support our separation. As an independent org, we have the freedom to grow without worrying too much about politics or whatever. Case in point, I think that Redd's constitution being implemented so early was a little silly.

In my opinion, all we might need at this point in time is a basic set of rules, or at least (and in our case) an emphasis toward a positive and inclusive attitude to build a mature and respectable atmosphere while keeping it fun and welcoming.

Jumanx.

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Jumanx
The whole structure and politics of REDD faction just doesnt seem to be a good fit for what we want to do with test. With that and the whole numbers issue this seems to be the best choice we could make for our organization.

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope
The whole structure and politics of REDD faction just doesnt seem to be a good fit for what we want to do with test. With that and the whole numbers issue this seems to be the best choice we could make for our organization.
Agreed. I remember trying to read that constitution, got maybe halfway through and said to myself "Well, this is a load of bullshit," then promptly closed the window.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404

But seriously...we do have an opportunity to work with them in the future so please don't troll them too much~

Roelosaurus

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Roelosaurus
OOH NO!
Now we aren't restricted to one single faction anymore,
or don't have to pay taxes, or don't have to follow the rules
and regulations of a much smaller entity!
:eek:

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
There are no cons.

Pros, we keep on doing things like we always have with no worries about a constitution or rules. Not that we cared before, but that was a sticky topic on its own, that the largest org in the Faction seemed to dismiss the very documents that were written by the faction.

Its better for everybody this way.
For example, the constitutional-treaty draft I had been floating around in certain TEST circles, wasn't exactly helping matters. :p

Fortunately, I can rework that treaty draft for any future coalitions/alliances! So we've got something that we can pull off the shelf when someone comes to us.

Forgot your password?