Bounty Hunting Testalorians Unite!

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Just a generic thread looking for other players and their thoughts on Bounty Hunting like

What ships are you going to use and why is it the cutlass blue?

How do you think cig will handle bounties on players with the perma death mechanics?

If cig implements "Stun Equipment" how weak will it be or short ranged

How will you track down players on an alien world that's off radar and what equipment will you take?

As i said just general ideas and thoughts on bounty hunting in SC and some theorycrafting

Testalorians was inspired by this

needless to say if i can get a helmet similar to this in sc ill take it xD

ALSO AN EDIT
my handle is Pander22 so add me if its something you want to do (when we eventually get this game)

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Volunteering services as dropship pilot :P

Got a redeemer and an aquila for all eventualities - plus I'll bet those exploration scanners can be refitted for something a little more hunter-killer-y.
Nice!! we will need all the drops ships for cool cinematic intros!

That is a very good point seems like team play will still be a big advantage over a single guy in when comes to tracking and a constant feed of info from other scan operators and pilots from in orbit or wherever will be very useful if it can help pick out names etc

I wonder how difficult it will be to pick out your target from afar will we need to see faces and keep a picture of them haha? (call of duty flashbacks)

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Team Play's got me thinking about team compositions now haha..

Guessing there's gonna be a couple of types of ship that really stand out for bounty hunting - small crew, marines, big punch and holding bays, coupled with another ship with deep space scanning capability & possibly medbays. Should cover most eventualities and ensure the crew can be as small as possible so you're all making the best profits, while all still making it home.

Woooo theorycrafting :D

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Team comp is something i love to theory craft all the time haha

A basic comp i was thinking of is Cutlass blue with three crew and a dragonfly

You have turret mounted, a snub fighter, boarding party and cells

The dragonfly is supposed to have similar tech to the prowler so what if it can stick to hulls?

You and your buddy scooty puff junior over stick to the hull wait for them to let their guard down you jump in the ship capture who you need and dive out cutlass comes for a pick up

From there i would move to the redeemer for hard targets and a connie because its RSI and should be able to customize put some sleeper pods in
Maybe two dragonflies? AND on top of that a merlin

You have ground support, air support, plenty of crew, snub fighters AND plenty of firepower

there is not much bounties some cutlass blues, connies and warlocks in some combination couldn't deal with

Plus cool sliding doors on the cutlass blue side are just too cool not to be jump out of onto a moving ship

What will be interesting is the 300 series rework and a possible greater role in interdiction

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Ah, I'm orienting more towards base location and assault - for taking out those really entrenched pirate bases. Scan down the target with the Aquila, using the redeemer drop off one squad of marines some distance from the target if planetside, or at a securable LZ if asteroid ops, then as they advance to target head back and pick up your second squad from the Aquila, and perform a combat drop, providing air support, as the first team reaches and engages the target. The large bay on the Aquila gives you a lot of tactical flexibility, and the fact you've then got two drop-capable ships with good sized turrets means you can effectively evacuate if things go south, or just throw both teams in hard and fast at the start of play. Working as a pair, I think there's a lot of potential mid range scenarios that don't justify the deployment of a polaris or larger, but do would over-strain a smaller crew.

Other nice idea would be a pair of redeemers operating with a polaris - not landing on the deck, but backing up close enough to allow EVA loading of troops before a combat op, with the polaris coming in to land once the site is secure.

My god, I love this game already.

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
In some YJ training stuff we have practiced a paratrooper style disembark from a freelancer onto a landing pad
With some changes coming up im keen to practice that again it was awesome fun! vanguards redeemers and cutlass blues also could be used its also hard to pick up eva boarders in the blackness of space

I like the pair of redeemers idea you could do it with diffrent ships, speeds and quantities depending on the missions needs more troops take a cutlass more stealth to take a heavy area

This game is just to awesome!

Lockewood

Space Marshal
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lockewood
My Sabre is on standby for interceptor missions!

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?