The 890J

MastahZero

Rear Admiral
May 27, 2016
RSI Handle
MastahZero
Now while this ship already, in my mind, fills the role as "Oh, look at the cute little ship that then proceeds to take out the Cannons of death" position. Next time it goes on sale, if ever, I'm expecting it to be quite the pretty penny again (I'm thinking 800+)

My question for you guys is this:
  1. Do you think that this is still a justified price for it? (Ofc given it's specs as of now)
  2. Do you think having it as a 300 Series garage will make it useful in deception?
  3. Will the beer be able to stay cold if the turrets take all the power?
  4. Can I spray paint a Pimp cane on it? (Okay those last two don't REALLY need to be answered but hey go for it)
Is there any information about it that I'm missing? To the best of my knowledge it's just a Luxury Ship that has a 300 Series unique bay, and can hold it own in a fight.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
  • Do you think that this is still a justified price for it? (Ofc given it's specs as of now)
  • Do you think having it as a 300 Series garage will make it useful in deception?
  • Will the beer be able to stay cold if the turrets take all the power?
  • Can I spray paint a Pimp cane on it? (Okay those last two don't REALLY need to be answered but hey go for it)
1. Fuck no. Its a luxury it will never be justified in the price.

2. There is no 300 series bay confirmed only 2 small 85x/m50 sized bays. Also 300 series never packed enough punch to be a "surprise motherfucker". A buccaneer or cutlass easilly kills it.

3. Yes beer containers have their own power plants to stay cold. This is a luxury ship not some cheap aegis or drake ship.

4. We better be able to. I want mine gold plated diamond encrusted with trump name spelled out in rubies on mine.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I feel like you need a few (hundred) drunk TESTies puking in corners and pissing on toilet seats to really class up your 890s.

They're just a little too bland otherwise.
We all know who is banned from my Jump if thats what your up too, dont we big bird? :rolleyes:

This is a ship I look forward too but seems its still far in the distance until we see more information or game ready. Personally I think this will still be outstanding even when the game releases since there are still so many big ships ahead of this. I think considering the way CIG is heading with most ships these days you may find some modularity with this ship also. Is it going to be a Battleship, no. But I think it can certainly protect itself against those pesky pirates. Also considering the cost this ship would have the best stock technology money can buy. Makes you wonder what the likely game ready cost of this ship will be and how exactly this ship will change from the original concept to game ready. Just look at the Cat, alot of bang for your buck there and has changed so much so they will need put equivalent value for the Jump.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Luxury ships seem hard to balance especially a ship with a deliberate limited sale. I am sure they will make it fun to swagger around in though since that seems its main purpose!

Value for money is complicated, I am seriously doubting whether any large ship will ever really be value for money since you can play and experience all aspects of the game for much much less (after all you can join others on their ships). I have qualified as a concierge so they have got a fair bit from me which no doubt will help the game get made and ensure I try so very hard to make the most of the game due to the cash invested. I am holding out on investing more though as although progress is being made the game is a long way from release and what more can I possible gain from buying more ships (I still have $300 dollars of credit to use!).

If you would like to throw the ultimate party boat and can afford it heh please send invite!

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I don't know that is one hell of a sexy ship, its just like real life if money is not an issue then hell ya I would love to own one just to fly where ever, for most of us dropping 600$ or 800$ on a game that wont be out for at least another year prolly more is not possible. But imo that is a nice ship definitely something to shoot for after game launches!

Oh and I am pretty sure that the beer will stay cold at that price it better stay at exactly the temp I set it and not budge!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
2. There is no 300 series bay confirmed only 2 small 85x/m50 sized bays. Also 300 series never packed enough punch to be a "surprise motherfucker". A buccaneer or cutlass easilly kills it.
I love this quote! I know what I'm gonna paint my Buc with.
Flat black with Surprise Motherfucker across the wings in day-glow yellow. And Samuel L Jackson's face on the side

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I love this quote! I know what I'm gonna paint my Buc with.
Flat black with Surprise Motherfucker across the wings in day-glow yellow. And Samuel L Jackson's face on the side
I'm good with this. But instead of Sam L Js pic I would paint somethin' more terrifying on the side which is the symbol of space domination:
:D

Reactions: Phil and Blind Owl
Forgot your password?