The Complete TEST Mining Guide & Supplement V3.11 has been published

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
This version has actually had a fairly fast turnaround even with all the revisions and additions to the Supplement.

3.11 Mining Guide
3.11 Guide Supplement

Revisions/Additions
  • Personal UI workings and explainations revised, pictures updated/added
  • Added Greycat ROC inventory & Personal Inventory interaction
  • Ore Location Index removed, now with link to SC Trade Tools Mining Section
  • Added mineral/ore prices to list of minerals/ores/gems, improved colors
  • Added explanation of what is best to mine
  • Added Illegal Cargo explanation for ROC gem selling & rules for it.
  • Added Mineral/Ore Data & Observations to the Supplement
  • Added Rental Prospector Overview to the Supplement - Many people had been asking for this for a long time, sorry it took so long.
  • Added links to previous Mining Guide versions, because why not.
So thats it.
Work will begin on the 3.12 Mining UI interface that we saw in ISC next week after I take a break. Just to get ahead a bit. :like:

Enjoy.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Great work Black Sunder!

As to complete the mining guide I'll feel it need a "tips&tricks" section where to list the best ming location (both in space or on planet) for either the ship minig and the ROC, it should also contain some warning for the zone that are normally scanned by PVP or "pirate type players" so that someone who is unfamilliar with the game can dodge those zones and gahter a better profit by the most valuable minerals-rich ones

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Great work Black Sunder!

As to complete the mining guide I'll feel it need a "tips&tricks" section where to list the best ming location (both in space or on planet) for either the ship minig and the ROC, it should also contain some warning for the zone that are normally scanned by PVP or "pirate type players" so that someone who is unfamilliar with the game can dodge those zones and gahter a better profit by the most valuable minerals-rich ones
This is simply an impartial guide designed to inform an individual of the practice around mining. With respect to the "Best" location to mine, that is subjective and also excluded from this guide as mining locations can change between patches and in back end adjustments to the mechanics that are responsible for spawning ore in disparate locations. https://sc-trade.tools/mining is your best bet for finding the 'best' moon or other place to mine now.

To your 2nd idea though, that is something I can work on for the Supplement. I'll add it to my worklist.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Now the only thing the guide needs is footnote for the best watering hole / dive bar / beer stop at each major mining destination! ;-)

Excellent work on this, thank you!
The place to be next patch will be rest stop stations if my rock hound sense is right.

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
Such an awesome article! Great work man and thanks!

The update for the boxes and cargo grids is super helpful IMO especially as some vehicles will have the ability to output boxes before too long. My wife and I were mining gems and her ROC was almost full. I lifted us off and she said we just needed one or two more deposits and I said something like "of course that means we'll find a big patch of them"....not a minute went by and sure enough we stumble on a 14 rock patch of hadenite! She didn't even get through the first one before the ROC was full and she said that it'd be a shame to leave it all there but ah well....I begged to differ.

So there we were, for something like an hour or more, using the ROC to bust the gems and us boxing and dropping them back in the ship. And of course this was on Yela so it was super cold even IN our cold suits lol.

Got them all tho ;)

Forgot your password?