The Complete TEST Squadron Mining Guide - V3.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Ok so managed to fill the bloody mining Ship again got too Port Olisar can't sell it W.T.F ??? Tried Levski same result 😖
i'm just mentioning this cause I didn't realize it the first time. Ore is sold at different kiosks then the ones for regular trading, were you at the right kiosk?

Reactions: Deroth

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Ok so managed to fill the bloody mining Ship again got too Port Olisar can't sell it W.T.F ??? Tried Levski same result 😖
Silly question, but did you use the correct console? At Port Olisar, you have to use the terminals on the wall behind (to the side) of the Admin guy...the terminals on the desk only work for trading, not mining.

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
Silly question, but did you use the correct console? At Port Olisar, you have to use the terminals on the wall behind (to the side) of the Admin guy...the terminals on the desk only work for trading, not mining.
Bugger never knew about that .

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
Well after 3 attempts , i've finally sold my first Mining Load to Levski , only made 435cr but it cost me not a lot in fuel and the mining thingy <-----Techincal term , works 😄

Just glad i've got LTI coz i've fugged up twice before an destroyed two ships trying this mining lark 💀

Now need to research and find the good stuff to sell 😉

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Well after 3 attempts , i've finally sold my first Mining Load to Levski , only made 435cr but it cost me not a lot in fuel and the mining thingy <-----Techincal term , works 😄

Just glad i've got LTI coz i've fugged up twice before an destroyed two ships trying this mining lark 💀

Now need to research and find the good stuff to sell 😉
I've had good luck mining Bexalite on Arial. Point your nose somewhere in the vicinity of the Lathan outpost, and work around. On my best haul, I was really picky, didn't bother with rocks that overall didn't have more than 2% Bexalite, and when the rock broke, didn't bother with any pieces less than 15% Bexalite.

Can we sell our ore at the Rest stop admins? I've been too afraid to try. The biggest problem with mining at Hurston is having to go back to Lorevill to sell your stuff, and then take back off. Getting down and riding the train to the Metro Center Admin to sell the ore (right by where the Habitation units/spawn area is) is fun, but having to take off and leave the atmosphere gets old...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I've had good luck mining Bexalite on Arial. Point your nose somewhere in the vicinity of the Lathan outpost, and work around. On my best haul, I was really picky, didn't bother with rocks that overall didn't have more than 2% Bexalite, and when the rock broke, didn't bother with any pieces less than 15% Bexalite.

Can we sell our ore at the Rest stop admins? I've been too afraid to try. The biggest problem with mining at Hurston is having to go back to Lorevill to sell your stuff, and then take back off. Getting down and riding the train to the Metro Center Admin to sell the ore (right by where the Habitation units/spawn area is) is fun, but having to take off and leave the atmosphere gets old...
Rest Stops atm don't take Ore. We'll just have to wait and see. Id personally like a copy of Olisar above Hurston you could go to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pug76 and Deroth

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
Woohoo finally doubled my starting CR from 9,000 to over 18,000

Just hoping further updates won't nerf the prices .

Oh an WTF is up with the flight model ??? this ship steers like a pig and if you take your hands off the keyboard it goes apeshit ???

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Woohoo finally doubled my starting CR from 9,000 to over 18,000

Just hoping further updates won't nerf the prices .

Oh an WTF is up with the flight model ??? this ship steers like a pig and if you take your hands off the keyboard it goes apeshit ???
If you refuel and or repair your Prospector on a pad it screws up the flight model something fierce. I once had the ship act like it was in a hurricane just trying to get off hurston.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
What a great guide that was, cut engine power in atmosphere tip alone was worth reading. You have put mining into my head now.....

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
What a great guide that was, cut engine power in atmosphere tip alone was worth reading. You have put mining into my head now.....
They haven't changed anything to the nuts and bolts of the mechanics since the guide was written so I just slapped a new version number on it. Surface Mining atm is frustrating because the rock breaks up and sends pieces underground where you can't get at them. Asteroid Mining is still good though.

Reactions: Scape and Deroth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?