The Expanse is back!!!!

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
The expanse is taking its place among the all time best sci-fi series. Sadly, I let the first season go by largely unwatched. I finally binged it all the way through a couple months ago and was shocked at how good it actually was. It is easily up there with Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, and Babylon 5.

I particularly like that it's a proper story. Most TV series have individually wrapped story lines in each episode. Each episode is a separate mis-adventure that has a beginning and an end. Then maybe 5 minutes of the episode actually advances the main series story line, the underlying story that the season is based on. That's not the case with the expanse. The whole thing plays out as a cohesive story. It's more like a mini-series than a TV series. Each episode is a continuation of the last and plays out a massive story that is the stock and trade of every good space opera. 10/10

Reactions: mjrcooke

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I just binged the season 1 on netflix. I'm assuming that season 2 is, once again, something Netflix didn't bother to secure?

Reactions: DirectorGunner

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
why is there a big gap between season 1 finale season 1 premiere of the expanse? watching episode 1 of season two like WTF where did all those episodes in between go? there's only 9 episodes of season 1 right? not counting the first 3 (or so) that were free to stream?

Forgot your password?