The Fleet I plan on having after the Anniversary

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I have put a lot of thought into this and think it will give me a good taste and options of the things you can do in the game.

1. Freelancer MAX : can use for hauling cargo, smuggling and general purpose. Hopefully it will be possible upgrade for exploration later though I am not sure if it will be able to have extended fuel tanks like the DUR. I am pretty sure the scanner and stuff will be a thing later. ( I don't really care for the looks of the Hull series telescoping way of carrying cargo and I will pry be using it to fly the stuff I mine to the place that will give me the best price)

2. Dragonfly Black: I figure planets will pry have a lot of stuff on them and it will be good to have a ship to get to missions on them and can carry two people if I am playing with someone else. It also opens up the option of racing for some fun and to change it up.

3. Prospector : The mining seems pretty interesting in this game I like the idea of it not being afk like when I mined in EVE. I like the idea that you have to be good at getting around the asteroid field to get to the better minerals and hope it has some fun stuff to have to fly through that is challenging.

4. Reliant Tana: I wanted to have a fighter and enjoyed the view and flying around in the Reliant Core when I first came to Star Citizen and it fits into what I am willing to spend to get a taste of what I think I will like. I am hoping they add missiles to it since they don't seem to be listed in the matrix anymore even though they still have a picture of them being in the wings like the new Cutlass Black has. Another plus is it gives me the option to bring a friend and might be able to be upgraded later to a smaller exploration ship as well like the Sen version.

I also went with this setup because I was worried that not having a ground vehicle if I am playing alone would take away from the experience if I had to walk everywhere all the time when I decide to go out and do missions. I was going to go with the Reliant series ships which would be the Core, Tana and Sen and a prospector so I could have a good entry level ships for all the stuff I want to dabble in and save for the others later when they can be bought with in game moneys. None of them can carry ground vehicles though and if I want to explore all over the moons in 3.0 and planets and moons that come after I figure I will need a ground vehicle so I can just go driving/riding around until my heart is content if I choose to. I know I could pry find someone in test to go riding around with me on their ground vehicle/bike. I am sure I will crew for other people in test sometimes and hope to make friends here I will still want the option to go out solo sometimes or with like one other person just to have fun in a smaller group as well and get to fly.

Let me know what you guys think. Is this a good fleet or would the one I listed in the paragraph above be better? I appreciate any feed back and comments.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Sounds like a good fleet plan to me. Not sure what the ETA is on the Lancer or Reliant variants are, but your collection should allow you to try a lot of stuff out in 3.0 and beyond with loaners.

MAX ought to be able to be equipped for some sort of exploration, but maybe never reach the same capabilities of the DUR. I'm thinking if you upgrade the MAX for better exploration, whatever those mechanics are, you could also upgrade the DUR similarly for even better exploration. But I'd never count out the value of loads of cargo space. Maybe the MAX could carry equipment and a vehicle for a ground exploration base camp of sorts. The DUR ought to be able to carry a Dragonfly too, but probably there won't be room for too much else.

Not personally too optimistic about the Tana's combat capabilities, but we'll have to wait and see. If it comes out more armored than the base Reliant, it might get it's agility and speed decreased to offset. The missiles, while always nice to have, were never proposed to be anything huge. Because the Tana is so far from being released or balanced, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets buffed up from its original description. I also wouldn't be surprised if gets an increase in price, too.

Also (grain of salt, may just be rumor), 3.0 or maybe further out might be able to use credits earned in-game to buy ships to try out.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Sounds like a good fleet plan to me. Not sure what the ETA is on the Lancer or Reliant variants are, but your collection should allow you to try a lot of stuff out in 3.0 and beyond with loaners.

MAX ought to be able to be equipped for some sort of exploration, but maybe never reach the same capabilities of the DUR. I'm thinking if you upgrade the MAX for better exploration, whatever those mechanics are, you could also upgrade the DUR similarly for even better exploration. But I'd never count out the value of loads of cargo space. Maybe the MAX could carry equipment and a vehicle for a ground exploration base camp of sorts. The DUR ought to be able to carry a Dragonfly too, but probably there won't be room for too much else.

Not personally too optimistic about the Tana's combat capabilities, but we'll have to wait and see. If it comes out more armored than the base Reliant, it might get it's agility and speed decreased to offset. The missiles, while always nice to have, were never proposed to be anything huge. Because the Tana is so far from being released or balanced, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets buffed up from its original description. I also wouldn't be surprised if gets an increase in price, too.

Also (grain of salt, may just be rumor), 3.0 or maybe further out might be able to use credits earned in-game to buy ships to try out.
I just like the way the Reliant series ships are designed and how they fly. I think it could be a fun ship to fly and should be very maneuverable I don't expect it to be very good at taking on super hornets or anything like that. I figure there maybe missions that pit you against npcs like in Vanduul/Pirate swarms and it should be fine for that I would think. Also I figure it might be something else that can be upgraded for exploration since it has an exploration variant then I would be able to map small and medium jump points. I know you will be able to buy stuff in game later and possible to try out beyond 3.0. I already have most of the money invested so I just want to make sure I have a good fleet. The MAX is also for hauling around what I mine since it has more bite and is harder to kill then trying to get it there in the prospector incase of pirates npc or player.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I was thinking about the Cutlass Black but I don't think its the type of ship that's going to be able to increase its hauling or get extended tanks it is more of a combat focused ship with its boarding and drop ship capabilities than the freelancer. I want to have the option to play the market and possible do smuggling mixed in with the cargo in the boxes that make it look like something else and it seems to me if there will be any player police that a Cutlass Black will throw up more red flags to get targeted for scans. The only reason I thought about it is it would free up money for me to upgrade the fighter to an F7C - Hornet or a Buccaneer. I kind of like the mixed in alien tech of the MISC ships as well and its a hard call when we don't know how the Tana will actually be when it is released. It is projected to come out in 3.3 which I am sure is going to be way off though they did say they were going to pick up the pace after 3.0 with the new patcher and do quarterly releases and push stuff to next patch if its taking to long to make sure we keep getting content so who knows could be before or after that.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Would the smaller ship fleet be better with pretty much starters for every aspect? That's what I am not sure about. Everything would be starting small to build up without limiting me to one aspect of the game and only missing racing.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Would the smaller ship fleet be better with pretty much starters for every aspect? That's what I am not sure about. Everything would be starting small to build up without limiting me to one aspect of the game and only missing racing.
Do you mean something like not using a Freelancer MAX until you've earned enough to get one in-game? If that's the case, you could just play with the starter ship or ships, and only use the others if some situation arises when you need them. You could even park the others out of reach, in the next system, so you wouldn't be tempted to use them. With as big as star systems are looking like they will be, every time you jump to a new one, it may be almost like starting a new game.
Unless you get all the ships before the game launches, I bet you'll have no shortage of ships to work towards. Even if you had all the ships, you'd have all the fanciest components to chase after.

IM trying to sell my account for my moms surgery, so after the sale the fleet Im planning on having is an Aurora Mr lol
Best wishes for your Mom's health! All you need is an Aurora, and an Aurora for your Mom too!

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Where are your eclipse??? :(

Reactions: Blind Owl
Sep 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Ham_Bell
Where are your eclipse??? :(
Its in my other account, Im trying to sell that too, I cant belive I didnt post it on here too, so dumb of me, but Id liek to keep either a Carrack or a Reclaimer and then selll the rest

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The layout looks good three really good ships there.

The reliant tata on the other hand is NOT a fighter and never will be. It's a starter ship, a cool starter ship, but a starter ship nonetheless. You come across a hornet or a sabre in game and you are toast. Would suggest instead a bog standard hornet F7C if you can stretch to that as they're great value for money.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The layout looks good three really good ships there.

The reliant tata on the other hand is NOT a fighter and never will be. It's a starter ship, a cool starter ship, but a starter ship nonetheless. You come across a hornet or a sabre in game and you are toast. Would suggest instead a bog standard hornet F7C if you can stretch to that as they're great value for money.
The Freelancer MAX in his fleet is a better fighter than the Tana.

Forgot your password?