the great wait for 3.0

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
hello, i have plenty of time and i googled for you on the sc homepage the production shedule report, and i ll create a summary here what is to be done.

it will be updated every week.

MISSION GIVERS

• We’re introducing Miles Eckhart (first seen in the Gamescom video) and Ruto to provide missions to players.
  • We’re aiming to complete Ruto’s initial setup in Subsumption today, but there will be further support needed from both Gamecode Engineering and Graphics Engineering after this point.
  • ETA is 21st September

COCKPIT EXPERIENCE

• The Cockpit Experience sprint team focused on improving the overall player experience in the cockpit by refining the cockpit geometry, character placement, g-force/hit reactions, VFX, Audio, UI, as well as code support for things like camera shaking and hooking into ship health systems to display proper damage.
  • This will be an ongoing set of improvements and we will continue to polish features up until the release of 3.0.0. Work will also continue into future releases.

VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP

• This app will allow players to customize their ship via the ship customization screen, so edits can be done without locating the exact port on the ship.
  • UI Engineering have been working to fix a few blocking issues in the Vehicle Customisation code to allow them to continue their work in the way they need. These bugs have taken more time than anticipated, which has impacted the completion estimate.
  • ETA is 21st September (was 11th September)
SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM

• This app would exist alongside the Ship Selection Terminals in the Persistent Universe, allowing players more freedom to spawn ships at designated locations.
  • Currently awaiting a review with the directors. Any further feedback raised from this review will be estimated out.
  • ETA is TBD

MISSION SYSTEM

• The overall system that will be used to create mission flows when we start building missions like Patrol, Assassination, Smuggling, etc.
  • The remaining feedback from the last review has now been estimated out for the mission team. It’s expected that after these remaining tasks that the system as a whole will enter the bugfixing stage.
  • ETA is 22nd September

Last edited:

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
This makes me sad. The REAL ETA for live release will end up being 1/21/18.

If I overestimate, then I can't be disappointed by the eventual December release

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I'm just pretending 3.0 is already out and that I just don't want to play it.

It's not working so far.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
why do you have a baby wall? i like big walls, more to stare at.
Stop being so judgmental of my choices, JEEZE. There's no law against my love yet, so why do you have to shit in the punch bowl? Enjoy your big burly wall. I'm gon enjoy my dainty little off-white beauty. (Don't worry, she was built in '98, so she's legal) :grin:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Stop being so judgmental of my choices, JEEZE. There's no law against my love yet, so why do you have to shit in the punch bowl? Enjoy your big burly wall. I'm gon enjoy my dainty little off-white beauty. (Don't worry, she was built in '98, so she's legal) :grin:
That color is called "eggshell white" you unedumacated ape!

Forgot your password?