Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
They are both SCAMs hehehehehehehe
8 years and they couldn't even put hair on the cat. LMAO

This is what happens when you give a kicking, screaming child what he/she wants just to shut him/her up..........Not really a great idea.
Salutes to Chris, Erin and all RSI DEVs for holding firm.

If people are tired of waiting, they can always go back to EVE.....(third person desktop icons)

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
It’s a double edged sword. Put out an unfinished product, and your player base gets mad and refunds. Delay a product too long and people lose interest.

unfortunately, it the people who funded first, the true believes in Chris’s vision that pay the price for the delay.

I understand changes in scopes. I understand the desire to add new features, but at some point you need to put your foot down and say these are the features we launch with, let’s get them polished and then we go.

Cyberpunk drama was not the result of the same thing as SQ42. It was the fact that they pushed for a major simultaneous release on multiple platforms, including two older consoles. The game itself is fine, but they have tried to get it to work on a min spec and they failed. As a result, those who purchased it on older gen equipment have a game experience that is less than optimal, or at least less than they have been promised by demos, screen shots, and videos.

SQ 42 does not have that same issue. It is a single platform release, not 5, CIG can define minimum specs how they want to. 7700k processor too slow? Sucks to be me, but they can do that.

The problem is that CR can’t say “these features and this gameplay is good enough”. There is always something that can be better. The thing is, there always will be something you can do better, but perfect is the enemy of the good.
you can put out the best product, but someone will always complain about it.

unfortunately, without a publisher to push him, CR has no one to tell him “enough is enough”. “This is good, now it’s time to polish and publish, and save the improvements for Chapter 2.”

Last edited:

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Yes, CP has its issues, but the issues are not game stopping. So what I like about CP is something that SC could never achieve in a multiplayer game and that it I can save. I like CP a lot - thinking it was going to be another GTA, I was not that excited. I have to say, it has been fun with many hours of play. The only recommendation I have, is to save before you play through the the campaign. It does ask if you want to return to NC after the credits... either way is good. That said, the stories on the side are almost as fun as the main mission. Keep playing the side quests, because even though you feel there is an urgency to finishing, the side quests make the game. My 2 cents.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm... I dont' think there is any comparison that need to be done beteween SC/SQ42 and CP2077: the only similarities those games have are the founding the development time both of them are going to increse for both CIG product.

Other then this I really thing that, even considering all the bugs and all the missing feature, SC is on a way other level compared to CP2077, both on the graphics and on the gameplay experience.
CP2077 does have some amazing things in there, but are just few and the whole game (putting aside the console scam, i'm a PC player...) feel like a patch work of incompleated and rished out feature and game play strapped togheter with a duct tape.

@Montoya you claim that the CP2077 texture and detail are beatifull... I agree on the car part, on the whole other things I feel they really cheep out: try to looks at distant at the building in CP2077 and you see how the texture became blurried and washed out, do that in SC and see how they looks. Look at the terrain texture where in CP2077 looks like it's sticked on (take the viewpoint on the hill for example) and then look at the texture on a planet in SC where every single rock and brittle feels real with is own shadow that is consistent with the world shadows, looks at some concrete wall in CP2077 where the texture fell flat and just a tone of gray, and then compare that with the texture used in SC (for example the Bevic center) where you can almost feel the cold humidity of the concrete wall...

Yes you can have some amazing light effect and reflection but for me those are just thiny part of the whole visual experience, when you looks past of them you'll noticce that CP2077 is like a cardbox cake with a nice cerry on top... I say f**k the cherry give me a good cake first... then put a good cherry on top.

• Love
Reactions: CosmicTrader

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd

Anyone going to download this patch? My 3090's get a little workout when running actual RTX with no assist so it's kind of fun. The mods are not nearly as good yet as I would have hoped for.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

Anyone going to download this patch? My 3090's get a little workout when running actual RTX with no assist so it's kind of fun. The mods are not nearly as good yet as I would have hoped for.
Downloaded just this moment, didn't know a patch was coming. Will check it out later if it improves anything or broke even more stuff like every single previous patch.
That's another issue with CP. Cos of its disaster of a launch for some (I had zero issues and I think the game had less bugs for me, and was most definitely much better looking before the patches), I played through it and I'm just not in the loop anymore. I moved on. I only got the patch cos I fired up gog client for something else and the game was still installed so it got to updating.

Reactions: CitizenDad

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Not enough changes in 1.3 for me to come back. And the "DLC" is quite a joke.
Yep, just finished "testing"... Not worth the wait especeially if you got slow/limited internets.

/Rant

First of all I'm pissed off about the "optimizations". It looks ass ugly ever since they "patched it".
Upon launch it took a while to load even from my m.2 ssd, and the framerate with DLSS onmy 2060S was decent and perfectly playable, probably between 35-50fps, but nothing special.
It looked soooo much more crisp and had way more shit show up in way more detail.

Now it feels like playing some old ass GTA with every detail disappearing 10 feet away and everythings a blurry mess. And yes I did check to see that it's all set to highest settings. It loads almost instantly and the framerate is playable even if I turn off DLSS! But it looks like a game from 2 gens ago. it lost it"s atmosphere for me, which is a shame.

As for the other changes, I never ever had any of the issues they supposedly fixed, except since they started patching things I do have issues with certain quests. And I DID play EVERY SINGLE QUEST in the game upon launch. Including every single sidegig, crime report and all the shit. If there was a symbol on the map, I cleared it. It was really tedious and boring by the end, but I wanted some sort of achievement or sumthin and I loved the atmospehere. I started a second playthrough a couple weeks ago taking a different approach (and playing on hard this time), and doing the sidequests is a mess. Out of 8 sidemissions I did, 3 bugged out in some way. Triggers not working, enemies being frozen, and the girl whom you are supposed to carry out to a car being stuck (in mid air if you jump off the balcony, or left floating in front of the lift if you go that way). At this point, I'm starting to wonder if I should just wipe it off my PC and do a fully clean fresh install witha fresh start, maybe then things will work again...

What they did change this time though, is how hard enemies hit. They are still hella stupid, but it makes combat a bit more challenging boring cos you gotta hide more. It's probably still more fun to just play at a lower difficulty and enjoy the chaos of sliding around in slow mo and shootting everybody in the face with a shotty.

So yeah, they can fuck off with the 2 stupid useless coats as DLC.
You also can get a new car (seems pretty low-mid range, not worth it) and a different look for Johnny. Haven't seen that yet. That's all.
Don't get me wrong, i don't want more free stuff. I just want them to turn the game back into a shoddily working piece of art it was instead of this optimized console crap, and fix what was actually broken. Like the traffic, and ppl density, cos there is like no one around now...

/end Rant;

• Love

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yep, just finished "testing"... Not worth the wait especeially if you got slow/limited internets.

/Rant
I can imagine this is more frustrating to CDPR than anybody else.

We know from Star Citizen that it can takes months of work in the background that nobody will ever see to make a small change on the front end.

While most of the changes they made here seem trivial to most, we really have no idea how much work was done on the code to make things coming down the pipe work better.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
IDK man I'm not sure I've ever felt so "meh" about mods TBH. Like, I get they haven't really been able to offer mod tools yet or whatever due to covid and everything else but a lot of the mods are pretty weaksauce in comparison to a year after Skyrim, The Witcher 3, GTA, etc.

And yeah @Montoya I suspect that they've done a LOT in the backend to get a good foundation built up. So hopefully over the next year or so we'll start to see some serious improvements, everything start to come together.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I can imagine this is more frustrating to CDPR than anybody else.

We know from Star Citizen that it can takes months of work in the background that nobody will ever see to make a small change on the front end.

While most of the changes they made here seem trivial to most, we really have no idea how much work was done on the code to make things coming down the pipe work better.
Oh I'm absolutely sure they have been working their assess off to get the backend turned around and patched up, thus introducing even more problems that needed fixing and so on...
I think they had to rework tons of stuff to get the console mess mostly fixed, and thus ruined a lot of the PC game that was working before, and they are playing catch up still.

That doesn't change the fact that just like with some patches of SC, if you were planning to come back to the game, the current patch is not really worth it just yet.

I do hope it gets fixed up and all shiny for the PC again in like another year or so with some decent payed DLC added as well. I still think it was a great game upon launch and would love to play some fresh stories and have more (originally advertised) features added if possible. But with the mess the console versions made, the re structuring of the studio and shifting focus to multiplayer games, I'm pretty sure we won't see much if anything of it...

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
IDK man I'm not sure I've ever felt so "meh" about mods TBH. Like, I get they haven't really been able to offer mod tools yet or whatever due to covid and everything else but a lot of the mods are pretty weaksauce in comparison to a year after Skyrim, The Witcher 3, GTA, etc.
Oh, yeah for sure. There's definately no Macho Man Randy Savage Silverhand replacement yet, and most of the bullshit on there so far is dumbshit stuff like 'shinier titties' and whatnot, but sweet fuck; Toggleable walk/run. A mini map that zooms out the faster you go. Adjustable view distance settings. Sure, definately all shit that it should have friggin SHIPPED with, but at least its kinda fun to play finally with the weapon re-balance mod. Then again...SC has kinda broken me when it comes to my ability to ignore bugginess.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Wow, thread necromancy. :)

While I agree that a polished product is important at release, we are almost to 9 years of active development and nothing is finished. The basics, like netcode, are still looking at, a minimum, of another year.

The inventory system is, still, at least, another year out.

Space combat, the basis of the initial concept, is going to do another ground up rework in a couple of years when components are properly factored in.

Basic gameplay loops are still not even at "tier zero."

3.15 is the 9 year point. I am not saying the game ahould be finished, but they need to finish something, anything, and call it done.

• o7
Reactions: maynard

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
3.15 is the 9 year point. I am not saying the game ahould be finished, but they need to finish something, anything, and call it done.
one of the the things you learn as you grow old is that the good things always take longer than you want

it's been obvious to me all my adult life that criminalizing cannabis was stupid

it's fifty-five years since i turned on, and we've only come half way to rectifying that mistake

Star Citizen isn't just a game, it's a cornerstone in the foundation of the Metaverse

if it takes a decade to get it right, so be it

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
one of the the things you learn as you grow old is that the good things always take longer than you want

it's been obvious to me all my adult life that criminalizing cannabis was stupid

it's fifty-five years since i turned on, and we've only come half way to rectifying that mistake

Star Citizen isn't just a game, it's a cornerstone in the foundation of the Metaverse

if it takes a decade to get it right, so be it
A decade is only another 14 months. :)

I am not saying it should be done, I am saying, by now, something should be done, especially one of the basics, like the net code, the flight physics, the planet tech, perhaps the actual scope of what a finished game looks like.

• o7
Reactions: maynard
Forgot your password?