The MISC Prospector Concept sale will go live on April 22nd, 2016 for the introductory price of $140

Will you buy the MISC Prospector?

• Yes (concept sale)

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Yes (lateron, when its hangar or flight ready)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Source: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326607/spaceship-prices

140$ is not that small price as it was mentioned (or expected) in several internet forums before. For a lot of especially new backers it could be an interesting sale because of the LTI spec which can be expected. But to some of you perhaps the Prospector will be more than an alternative way to get LTI to be CCU'd: a kind of supplier vessel for the Orion or an alternative to the Orion for Single Players?

Will you buy the Prospector, yes or no? And what do you think of the price?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
$140 was more than I was expecting, I thought around $85-125, but then again we don't know the size of the "small" mining ship when they're comparing it to the behemoth of the Orion.

I'll pick up and melt some for LTI tokens. No ship I want is less than $140 anyways.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I got a MR package w/LTI and have been waiting to CCU the MR to this ship. I don't even want the MR.
THAT WON'T BE HAPPENING NOW. I can't afford this.
Starter ship = <$70
You can get a Freelancer for $140.

I am very disappointed that CIG has been calling this a Starter ship for months including just last Friday on RtV.

In the immortal words of Chris Roberts, "This is Bullshit".

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I got a MR package w/LTI and have been waiting to CCU the MR to this ship. I don't even want the MR.
THAT WON'T BE HAPPENING NOW. I can't afford this.
Starter ship = <$70
You can get a Freelancer for $140.

I am very disappointed that CIG has been calling this a Starter ship for months including just last Friday on RtV.

In the immortal words of Chris Roberts, "This is Bullshit".
I pretty much expected more than $70 from the start. I know they said "starter ship" but it's not like it'll be an Aurora with a mining laser. But for $140 I'm hoping at least Reliant size, maybe Freelancer.

I'll just buy a few with store credit and melt to keep it in my pool. I'd like to see some mining gameplay before I commit.

JeffCraig

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
JeffCraig
I still want to see what it is before I make a judgement.

I can't imagine that they would make a mining vessel smaller than a Freelancer. You need room for all that ore!

From the sounds of it, it will be somewhere between a Freelancer and Connie in size. That still makes it overpriced, but at least more reasonable than the Blade. They can't claim 'rarity' on this ship to inflate it's price this time, because it's a standard starter ship.

I've already got an Orion though, so I don't think I'll be needing this little POS :D

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I'll get one to diversify the vast operations of House Spicyweiner. I need to know it's production capacity to match it with the right space truck though. I foresee operating it in tandem with either my Freelancer Max, or the Hull B or C. AND I have to think about protection for both the miner and the space truck because just by playing the Alpha, I can tell that until everyone decides if and how to make space bucks honestly, this game should be renamed Star Pirate!

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Ill be melting to get one as it is my 2nd source of income and i'm too broke to get an orion. But it all depends on the ship itself.

If its 140 for a ship the size of a mustang that can mine but not carry its own cargo then no i won't get it.

If its 140 and the size of a Freelancer or Coni then absolutely i will be getting one.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ill be melting to get one as it is my 2nd source of income and i'm too broke to get an orion. But it all depends on the ship itself.

If its 140 for a ship the size of a mustang that can mine but not carry its own cargo then no i won't get it.

If its 140 and the size of a Freelancer or Coni then absolutely i will be getting one.
As much as I do want one, I do agree with this. If she's tiny, not worth it. If she's a 'lancer with a mining laser, I'm in.

ThunderKraken

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Thunder_Kraken
As much as I do want one, I do agree with this. If she's tiny, not worth it. If she's a 'lancer with a mining laser, I'm in.
That's the kicker I guess. It has to offer something more other than being an aurora with premium mining equipment. I mean if there are plans to retrofit an aurora for mining (supposedly it won't be efficient) wouldn't it be also feasible to retrofit say a hull type ship for mining. It has the space for it...

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
off the cuff, yes. I'll get one. I also retain the right to change my mind when I see the stats for the ship and more about what CIG believes they are making.
unrelated, I plan on buying a flotilla of dragonflies if they are comparable to the cost of the previous stubs.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
That's the kicker I guess. It has to offer something more other than being an aurora with premium mining equipment. I mean if there are plans to retrofit an aurora for mining (supposedly it won't be efficient) wouldn't it be also feasible to retrofit say a hull type ship for mining. It has the space for it...
You can retrofit a hull seriese ship for it yes. However they are designed to be loaded with cargo containers then it takes them somewhere. You would need a way to unload the empty containers load ore in them then reload them onto the retractable arms. that would be a pain in the ass making it impractical to use as a mining ship.

Forgot your password?