the New Distortion Repeaters

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
sizes 1, 2 and 3, see time index 5:10
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmG65vAYDcw

This really does change everything. The trouble with the Jokers was always that they are size 1 only, and overheat quickly. These are sustained fire, so for example, if you put them on the Raven, you could conceivably keep a target's 'puter down indefinitely, or at least knock it back down as soon as it comes back up. Can you take Vanduul fighters intact this way?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
1st, I think they look gorgeous & would suit most all of the luxury ships color schemes.

2nd, I want to see them expand up to Size 5 because I feel that they would be great on the Phoenix & 890J both for looks reasons as well as they would be excellent means for those ships to stun incoming aggressors while their protection takes them out.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm hoping that this new ship weapons company develops other sorts of ship weapons in this same styling as best as possible. Then somebody might see them & think, no worries, just distortion cannons only to find them delivering other forms of deadly carnage instead. This being said, if I could get a white X-Wing style skin on my Bucc, I think that pairs of S1s, S2s &S3s as the load out on it would make it devastating against larger ship's defenses to allow either other attackers or defenders to clean up more easily.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
yeah, I've thought of pure Distortion Bucc for a while. just to be an annoying prick.
Great minds think alike. Also, if distortion weapons end up working as we've been told, then in theory you can kill a ships entire crew by causing them to slowly die by suffocation from shutting down their ship's life support & then keeping it down until their air in the ship as well as in their suits runs out. All without having damaged the ship or its cargo at all. (technically)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It's not just keeping the computer down with sustained fire, Distortion will damage it to beyond operation so you can claim the whole hull if you want.

If my 350R becomes the energy rich ship I think it will, I'm going to have an S3 distortion Repeater on the nose and 2x NN14's on the wings or 2x s2 Distortion repeaters on the wings and a Pyroburst on the nose.

That should give me some good options between Takein' 'em down nice and gentle and blowing them the hell up.

I remember in an earlier patch being shot at with Jokers in AC, lots my weapons while I still had my wings, it was so weird. I just want to know how you can get points in AC with distortion weapons considering they only do systems Damage, not hull damage.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
This is what is required if we are to take down larger ships, this is actually something I have looked forward to, forget your ships and features I need my distortion pew pews!!!

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
So, all distortion weapons will do Damage type C... Damage type C will only affect the bits inside the ships and the shields, EMP's will also Deal Damage type C.

Individual modules will have Specific Damage type C Hit points.

If you compare the size of a Raven to the Size of an IDRIS it will miss most modules within the ship, so these will enable a greater spread of damage.

These will be essential against the bigger ships, the proximity required for the EMPS to work is too close on the bigger ships for the risk.

Reactions: Talonsbane

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .then in theory you can kill a ships entire crew by causing them to slowly die by suffocation from shutting down their ship's life support. . .
Only the systems that rely upon the ship's computer go down when you spike it, pulse it or knock it down with distortion cannons. IIRC, the official word to date is that the life support and manned turrets do not rely upon the computer so will remain operative. This is one of the features that make manned turrets much more effective than unmanned and remotely manned turrets.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I know it is unorthodox, but I would even consider putting a single distortion repeater in one wing of a Raven, and something like a Pyroburst in the other wing. If you rely on the EMP to disable opponents, and thus have time to do with them what you will at your leisure, a single distortion cannon to prolong their agony, and a single kill weapon is likely enough to cover your needs. The real game changer is in a distortion cannon that doesn't overheat so quickly, and one supposes the S3 version does much more distortion damage than the Jokers do.

Forgot your password?