The new Logitech G Herman Miller chair is $1500

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I have a Herman Miller at work (when I worked a the office anyway..) and it's worth it
I have one at home, and yeah, the thing is definitely worth it...well, the base model for around $900 at least. This one looks a little weird.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Its about $1000 more than I would spend on a chair
You are still willing to spend $500 for a chair? Darn, I paid that much for my last car and it was great.

Better be a massager in that chair
Hell, there better be a masseuse that comes with it for that price. LOL

I have a Herman Miller at work (when I worked a the office anyway..) and it's worth it
Of course it is, you didn't pay for ot. hehehe

Perhaps you can put a price on comfort... perhaps you can't?
Finally, someone with sense. Cheers.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Its about $1000 more than I would spend on a chair, but if this was yellow instead of blue, I would be pretty tempted! 😄

View attachment 18181

Honestly, I spent the last week or so watching chair reviews as I was needing a new one, I started where most of us gamers start, the typical gaming chair which 9 out of 10 times starts with a racing type chair, as I sifted through the videos and reviews it occurred to me more and more gamers and streamers were switching to ergonomic style office chairs and Herman Miller kept coming up.

After watching tons of reviews I decided to try an Autonomous chair, it wont be here for a few weeks but after spending my entire gaming life, which is pretty long I am 46 and started gaming on PC's in 80's every chair I ever owned was some sort of gaming or leather type chair. One thing people kept talking about was back issues which has finally caught up to me so I am interested to find out if a office/ergonomic/adjustable chair helps my posture and back issues, I hunch forward a lot in these gaming chairs so I am sure my back is pretty F'd up.

As for Herman Miller, from the reviews and videos I saw, if put in our lingo this would be a top of the line gaming rig with all the bells and whistles, people have testified to 6+ years of use and the chairs still look and feel like the day it came out of the box. I have never had one, but almost every review I have seen has said this is the best.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You are still willing to spend $500 for a chair? Darn, I paid that much for my last car and it was great.
I sold my car this week for that money. It still was running fine. 20 years old, some stuff didn't work anymore, but nothing essential.

Hell, there better be a masseuse that comes with it for that price. LOL
My first thought

Of course it is, you didn't pay for ot. hehehe
You hit the nail again

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have no idea how well that seat would work for me, but it looks like it would be comfortable. Comfortable enough to cost as much as an Idris in SC though? I have my doubts, but unless I win the lottery this is way out of my budget range.

Reactions: Aramsolari

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
i'd probably would save a little bit more and get something like this

View: https://youtu.be/rrIU8S-DYp8
If I had unlimited funds & a gaming system that could easily run SC in 4k @144hz with 1ms refresh or better, I'd go for 1 of these examples above while also adding in a private AC / heating unit for the room I'd keep it in as well as a full kitchenette to keep the refreshment runs as brief as possible during long gaming sessions. Meanwhile, I've been using the chairs like the 1 below for gaming for the past decade. Feel free to cringe if you like, but at $50 a pop every 4-5 years, my wallet didn't hate me although sometimes my back would.

Forgot your password?