The new subscriber ship: Reclaimer?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't even know which ships are loaner's, and which are subscriber trials anymore. Looks like the Reclaimer is there though. I have some other ships available that I'm not sure why. One of them I'm very happy with is the Super Hornet. I might actually buy that at some point.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I loaded the Reclaimer in the Hangar R&Y module that was.... different... :astonished: it kind of fit.. :joy::joy::joy:

:beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beer:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I will say this much for the Reclaimer, if 9 of them spawn at Port Oli, your FPS just tanks and the game crashes. Or did. Seems the Network they have in place cannot handle the brute.
That is your client, not the network or the Reclaimer itself that causes that. It's not part of network bind culling, which is why I'm kind of worried about the pushback that's going to happen when network bind culling is implemented, and no immediate performance gains are available from it.

"Client" is the game software installed on your computer, not your hardware, and not the server, nor network. The culprit in the case of crashes due to spawning ships is the way the object spawning works currently in the game client. The line item to watch in the roadmap isn't network related, it's part of the performance optimization tasks, which are on the plate for every release out to at least 3.5 and likely beyond. The one to watch specifically is called Object Streaming in the roadmap.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I took my loaner for a spin last night (after eventually finding the flight deck). What a monster!

Incidentally, are there not meant to be some spiked rolling pins of spinning (salvage) doom in there somewhere? I'd planned on some idle amusement, but ended up having to dump my empty beer cans in the captain's cabin.

Bad show, Aegis!

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I took my loaner for a spin last night (after eventually funding the flight deck). What a monster!

Incidentally, are there not meant to be some spiked rolling pins of spinning (salvage) doom in there somewhere? I'd planned on some idle amusement, but ended up having to dump my empty beer cans in the captain's cabin.

Bad show, Aegis!
I take it you have not fully explore the ship yet. It has two huge rolling pins of spinning savagery and can be seen from several decks including the living quarters.

FeaturedSpace

Commander
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
FeaturedSpace
I take it you have not fully explore the ship yet. It has two huge rolling pins of spinning savagery and can be seen from several decks including the living quarters.
And a very scary balcony that makes it seem like you could easily fall into that pit of death :laughing: It's the only way to get to the back of the ship anyways.

Forgot your password?