The space submarine?

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
I had the retaliator in the past, but melted it... the way it was described to me was like a ww2 sub and that was cool to me. Then it seemed to go more and more into that b-17 Flying Fortress style, which was cool but not as much my cup of beer. We know it’s getting a rework, anybody know if it’s going to be more sub again or more fortress?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I love the idea of that ship and almost bought one, it's just the current state put me off, is it really getting reworked? If I knew I would have bought that instead of my Caterpillar.

I'm still keeping my eye on it but my fleet is getting a bit big now, I won't be spending much more.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I saw your thread title and thought to myself, "you know what, we need a space submarine sim".
Like silent hunter, or 688(I), or cold waters, but in space.
I would play the hell out of that.

Reactions: Ammorn and Duhb

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I had the retaliator in the past, but melted it... the way it was described to me was like a ww2 sub and that was cool to me. Then it seemed to go more and more into that b-17 Flying Fortress style, which was cool but not as much my cup of beer. We know it’s getting a rework, anybody know if it’s going to be more sub again or more fortress?
yes?

Reactions: Ammorn and Duhb

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
I love the idea of that ship and almost bought one, it's just the current state put me off, is it really getting reworked? If I knew I would have bought that instead of my Caterpillar.

I'm still keeping my eye on it but my fleet is getting a bit big now, I won't be spending much more.
They did say yes they were reworking it, but they said it in the q&a of another ship, because reasons I guess. That would explain why they haven’t released the base model yet, it’s not worth doing it into item 2.0 if it’s just going to get a rebuild anyway. I’m just not sure if it has shown up again anywhere with a more concrete response.

Reactions: Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Oh yeah....Spent many hours/days/weeks/months playing these.
688 was my favorite.

The Retailator will be one of the deadliest ships in the 'Verse.
I played a bit of 688 years back. Had fun on the missions and such, but also liked hunting whales and torpedoing them. That or shooting speed boats or cruise ships with torpedoes or anti ship missiles.

Forgot your password?