The „special Mantis CCU“, what are the mechanics behind it?

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
Hey fellow TESTies,

since I have kindly been outfitted with a UEE 2948 Explorer Package by a fellow TESTie I melted my original pledge and jumped on the said „Special Mantis CCU“. With it you are able to CCU any Aurora (no other ship!) to a LTI Mantis for a good price, warbond only though. Nice undersuit and helmet comes with that, too.

CCUs from there are currently only possible to the two new Vanguards and the Defender.

BUT! When you look at the Mantis it shows „Insurance: 6 Months Insurance, Life Time Insurance“. If you purchase one of the possible further CCUs and want to apply it, it shows the Mantis crossed out in red and the dropdown menu let’s you select... the Aurora 🧐

So to me there is a chance to lose the LTI in one of the available further CCUs from that „Special Mantis CCU“. I have a Mantis to Harbinger CCU sitting there now and won’t apply it until I get clarification from support (yeah, ticket opened...) about how the insurance will behave upon CCU. Clearly, in this case the usual insurance carry-over MAY not apply.

Anyone else have an idea on that? Is there precedence to this kind of a „special CCU“?

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Hey fellow TESTies,

since I have kindly been outfitted with a UEE 2948 Explorer Package by a fellow TESTie I melted my original pledge and jumped on the said „Special Mantis CCU“. With it you are able to CCU any Aurora to a LTI Mantis for a good price, warbond only though. Nice undersuite and helmet comes with that, too.

CCUs from there are currently only possible to the two new Vanguards and the Defender.

BUT! When you look at the Mantis it shows „Insurance: 6 Months Insurance, Life Time Insurance“. If you purchase one of the possible further CCUs and want to apply it, it shows the Mantis crossed out in red and the dropdown menu let’s you select... the Aurora 🧐

So to me there is a chance to lose the LTI in one of the available further CCUs from that „Special Mantis CCU“. I have a Mantis to Harbinger CCU sitting there now and won’t apply it until I get clarification from support (yeah, ticket opened...) about how the insurance will behave upon CCU. Clearly, in this case the usual insurance carry-over MAY not apply.

Anyone else have an idea on that? Is there precedence to this kind of a „special CCU“?
If you get the special "Aurora CCU to Mantis", you get LTI because mantis is a newly concepted ship and this is the concept sale. It's a bug that the 6 month insurance is still on there.

Capture.PNG

This is my personal Aurora to Mantis CCU that I applied. LTI is in effect, even if insurance (be it 6 months or LTI) doesnt really matter all that much.

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
It stays I went LTI prospector to LTI cat to LTI reclaimer. Then melted back to prospector. LTI carries all the way
Yeah, that’s for the „usual“ stuff. It may be different in this case. We can only be sure if someone went from 6 month Aurora to LTI „special CCU“ Mantis to one of the then three available CCUs.
If you could CCU to all and any normally available ships from that special CCU I wouldn’t be so suspecting. But the mere fact of the limited CCU availabilities and the strange description and dropdown option, as mentioned in the OP, leads me to suspect a hidden bomb...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
„Pretty sure“ leaves a chance of „Ah crap, THAT didn’t work...“. That doesn’t mix well with my military upbringing 🤷‍♂️😂
Welcome to TEST, home of "I wonder what this button does" 😉

The LTI attatches to the base package so as far as we can tell it stays on if you CCU away from the Mantits, assuming there are any CCUs from the Mantits to any other ship.

Thanks for contating support, will be interesting to get the official word on it - it's easy to observe and assume.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Why would you buy an Aurora to Mantis CCU, The Mantis comes with LTI if you buy it Warbond. The difference between a Aurora to Mantis CCU or an Warbond Mantis will be small, since Warbond is cheaper then non-Warbond and the Aurora is cheap

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
Why would you buy an Aurora to Mantis CCU, The Mantis comes with LTI if you buy it Warbond. The difference between a Aurora to Mantis CCU or an Warbond Mantis will be small, since Warbond is cheaper then non-Warbond and the Aurora is cheap
It was cheaper than the normal warbond and you could use store credit to buy the Aurora

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
This is a new feature. Im knowledgable in the topic, but not an expert as I do not work for CIG.
No worries, I‘ve only been active in SC for a tiny bit now and putting together the puzzle of sales, releases, buybacks, warbond, CCUs and all that good stuff I came to realize that this is, well, a special case. I didn‘t mean to offend you by pointing out my logic, accept my sincere apologies if I worded that in a way that could be misinterpreted! I‘m doing ok in English, but it‘s not my mother tongue after all, so sometimes I may not get the underlying vibe of a sentence or phrase I may use.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
No worries, I‘ve only been active in SC for a tiny bit now and putting together the puzzle of sales, releases, buybacks, warbond, CCUs and all that good stuff I came to realize that this is, well, a special case. I didn‘t mean to offend you by pointing out my logic, accept my sincere apologies if I worded that in a way that could be misinterpreted! I‘m doing ok in English, but it‘s not my mother tongue after all, so sometimes I may not get the underlying vibe of a sentence or phrase I may use.
no offense taken. Here to help any way i can.

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
Ahhh, fellow TESTies, here comes absolution from the clergy, riddle solved:

PeTong (Cloud Imperium Games)

Oct 14, 14:13 CDT

Hey MajorWolf‍!

It will carry over the insurance from the Mantis :)

As for the name that appears, that is the name of the package and as it was originally an Aurora CL, that is why it's showing that as the option!
Best Regards
PeTong
RSI Player Relations

Forgot your password?