The TEST Mining Guide is now being worked on

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
It will be Glorious, with pretty pictures and explanation. The goal here is to have a guide that anyone starting out can read, comprehend and then use to go out and be successful without blowing themselves up......too much. Stay locked in here for more later this weekend.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Preferably, I can learn how to fill up 99% of my Prospector's saddle bags with high-value ore... and then blow up!
It makes the explosion sting a bit more to know I died with a fortune within my grasp.
Ah you'll still have to search around. There is no easy way to find high value stuff. Search Search Search.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I wonder how much the min-maxing on ore will impact server performance
Probably not at all.

I found a 9% overall laranite rock this evening. Couldn't get but a fraction of it because my cargo was already almost full. This thing broke down into other rocks that had to be fractured but they all had 10-15% laranite which would have broken down into even better chunks. I was screaming in my mind for a dump cargo button.

Last edited:

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
My last mining run, I was going for Laranite and Diamond. Once fractured, there were several smaller extractable fragments that would yield up to 35% Laranite. All told, the run netted me just under 11k. I could have stayed out and tried to fill my saddlebags, but the fear (justified) of the game crapping out before I got a chance to sell it, had me getting 80% full and saying "Good enough". I ended up with 11% total Laranite, 2% Diamond with the rest being Aluminium and Titanium. Not bad for a single run.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Part 2 is now firmly in progress. Lots of ideas bouncing around but I'm trying to make it all as easy to understand as possible and presenting it in a way as if someone was explaining it to you face to face.
Are you remembering to include instructions on when to drink a shot of beer this time?
Part 1 was the worst drinking game EVER!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Forgot your password?