The TEST Pioneer we bought already comes with the Land Claim

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
But if you think having this stake gives you an advantage over players that will come along later, that is debatable.
Well we could I dunno... Stab them with it, I guess? I mean what can they do to us if they don't have a stake!

Will the claim be permanent? I guess not, do we know how long they will last? And I assume, if I claim land I can ask a friend with a pioneer to build stuff on that land?
It may operate on a time based system where the owner has to pay a fee for the land at a set interval, as for a friend building on your land it may allow the owner options to white-list certain persons to be co-owners of the plot.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Honestly, for the sake of giving money to CIG, sure.

But if you think having this stake gives you an advantage over players that will come along later, that is debatable.
That's the problem with these, there's literally nothing on stakes so far other we can own them.

I'll pass for me, I can just visit other people's.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Having a land claim will give me a huge advantage over other players as I will already have a graveyard for all of my characters that die. Noobs will have to be cremated.
Yeah well what if I get a claim on a sun?

I can have BOTH brother!

Silver

Commander
Mar 27, 2017
RSI Handle
SilverHaze5X
Having a land claim will give me a huge advantage over other players as I will already have a graveyard for all of my characters that die. Noobs will have to be cremated.
you made my day, sir

Will the claim be permanent?
So, if i understood correctly the Land Claim FAQ, it is a permanent Land Claim, and destroying the becon will not change the ownership of the parcel.
Destroying becon will probably do something like disable the sensors that alert owner that someone is on their Claim.

So you will be able to exploit other's facilities (at your own risks) but you won't be able to 'capture' the claim or the facility, only occupy it.

And I assume, if I claim land I can ask a friend with a pioneer to build stuff on that land?
Yes, but i assume that the pioneer owner will probably ask you to provide/pay the outpost construction materials.
Also it said in the FAQ that you will be able, as claim owner, to allow its facilities acces to any individual or organisation you wish.:kissing_smiling_eyes:

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I believe that you will not be able to permanently steal someone's land claim - but you may be able to disrupt it operations on a land claim, including taking over mining operations etc.

My Pioneer, and I suspect others in and out of TEST Squadron will be available to hire for constructing an outpost or whatnot on any UEE land claim. It will also be available for constructing non-UEE outposts. I'm kind of waiting for more of the mechanic to be outlined before working out all the details. I just know that's why I bought the Pioneer in the first place.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Has anyone discussed the practical applications for this game dynamic? For instance, it seems to me that since most of us will live aboard our ships or at stations, a good use for land would be to clump claims together on inner system objects with good mining prospects. And one supposes people will be buying other players claims to extend their mining capabilities? Should be a thing. Homes we can move. Claims need more serious consideration.

And of course the condo development on the water is always a thing. Bring your own sailboat.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?