The Vanduul problem?

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
Hello everybody,

A point of discussion. We, as the biggest Org in the known verse, will have somewhat of a hitting power, when it comes to making changes. Now I recently watched a video about the lore of SC
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_VeNIsj_N0&t=617s

If you want to learn more about the lore, this video is really good. Well build up, chronologically) and found the Vanduul to be a really interesting element in the game.

They are a bloodthirsty war race and there is no reasoning with them. They just want to destroy basically. They are located in the west of us. Now, I was thinking, that we as a big org could form some kinda buffer, to keep these guys at bay, and who knows, maybe with coordinated strikes, win back some of the star systems that the Vanduul now control, which are literally right next to UEE systems.
I we could take back a solar system within the first couple of days from the Vanduul, we'd have a pretty good rep I think within the community, I'd think?

Anyway, just a fun thought I had, what do you guys think? :slight_smile:

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Operation Pitchfork (which is clearly NOT a real Org) is a concerted effort by the player base to take back UEE territory from the Vanduul threat.
For our own purposes, it will be hard to field a proper navy for extended periods of time. Especially at the start when everything will basically be chaos as people learn how to fly, be useful crew, and we collect necessary resources like fuel and beer. This is where the Vanduul and really any "created" scenario is the AI has staying power. They don't need to log off, or go pee, or eat. The AI doesn't need to communicate and work out timezones, or fleet staging points. It just exist and attacks. Thus eventually the Vanduul or whatever hostile we are fighting will regain its footing against us.

Neat video though.

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
Is this one of TEST's initiatives, operation pitchfork, or of the entire SC community? Also, you need to go pee while gaming? One tip bro, diaper ;) :p

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
Is this one of TEST's initiatives, operation pitchfork, or of the entire SC community? Also, you need to go pee while gaming? One tip bro, diaper ;) :p
It is a stand alone thing. To my knowledge no org is actually in charge of it, but more a joint effort by individuals.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'm all for following operation pitchfork in.

With Reclaimers. And learning from their mistakes :smile:
hahahah!!!!

Shouldn't we send in the first wave of auroras? Or no one will take us seriously ever again if we aint first in to the death!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Pitchfork, as far as I am aware, is the End-Of-Beta last action before the whole system is going to be reset for live launch, where EVERYONE is going to go off and give the 'Duul a good old kick in the nuts or whatever the most sensitive part of their bodies are - probably the ears or something...

Won't matter if we get decimated as everything will be reset to whatever pledge and game packages you have and it'll be the mother of all system tests as the majority of players roll out in mass. I reckon that's the idea anyway.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think I was pretty drunk at Britizencon and I may have promised we would pledge a TEST Bengal and a thousand TEST Auroras to Operation Pitchfork.

The rowsing operation pitchfork presentation was so good, it even had a PowerPoint. And I don't think we can really go back on my promise as Brian Chambers was there and we don't want to disappoint his hair.

Sorry.

*shuffles off awkwardly*

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
Actually in a video few years ago, Montoya said we may be defending the Vanduul, because we are usually do things differently, and we are special. Is one of the things that got me here in the first place, Pitchfork seems like the right thing to do, too mainstream, let's be wolves not sheep :))

Reactions: Blind Owl

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Why not attack the Xi'an instead? They already think that we are too emotional and make hasty decisions. Why not enforce those stereotypes with some good old drunk squadrons. They are already trying to take 6 of our systems through some political BS. I say we take those back too, with interest!

MikeAlphaTangoTango

Space Marshal
Oct 2, 2014
RSI Handle
MikeAlphaTangoTango
Why not attack the Xi'an instead? They already think that we are too emotional and make hasty decisions. Why not enforce those stereotypes with some good old drunk squadrons. They are already trying to take 6 of our systems through some political BS. I say we take those back too, with interest!
Just imagine the look on Chris Roberts face if/when he finds out TEST misread the OPPF memo and started a war with the Xi'an by mistake...

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
mineral resources are finite - we will be able to mine a system dry

alien races should be finite, so we actually can defeat them

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
mineral resources are finite - we will be able to mine a system dry

alien races should be finite, so we actually can defeat them
Has CIG stated, unequivocally that mine-able resources for a system are finite and able to be permanently exhausted? I feel like that has too much potential to leave useless systems in the long run, which doesn't really play well with good game design.
Similar for alien races, even if there is a finite amount of them, for all we know there is still 8 billion of them to every 1 of us.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Well they are at war with another Alien civ that is beyond their boarders. Which we have not made contact with yet, would be a good time to get someone through their boarders and make contact with them :)

Forgot your password?