those Brits are tough

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Anyone see the news about the British SAS Sergeant to did in 6 Taliban in a black tunnel, three of them with a claw hammer? Note to self: do not piss off any SAS Sergeants, especially in close proximity to home improvement tools.

Sign that guy up for boarding parties, please.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/06/19/british-special-forces-soldier-killed-six-taliban-in-pitch-black-viet-cong-style-tunnel-fight/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=Socialflow&utm_medium=social

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Anyone see the news about the British SAS Sergeant to did in 6 Taliban in a black tunnel, three of them with a claw hammer? Note to self: do not piss off any SAS Sergeants, especially in close proximity to home improvement tools.

Sign that guy up for boarding parties, please.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/06/19/british-special-forces-soldier-killed-six-taliban-in-pitch-black-viet-cong-style-tunnel-fight/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=Socialflow&utm_medium=social
1 v 6 wasn't very fair odds though. He should have waited till they had at least a dozen before he started :)

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
That made me think of this joke..

A large group of Taliban soldiers are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a sand dune....

"One Texas soldier is better than ten Taliban"

The Taliban commander quickly sends 10 of his best soldiers over the dune, whereupon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few minutes then silence.

The voice then calls out..... "One Texan is better than one hundred Taliban"

Furious, the Taliban commander sends his next best 100 troops over the dune and instantly a huge gunfight commences. After 10 minutes of battle, again silence.

The Texan's voice calls out again.... "One Texan is better than one thousand Taliban"

The enraged Taliban commander musters one thousand fighters and sends them across the dune. Cannons, rockets and machine gun fire ring out as a huge battle is fought. Then silence.

Eventually one wounded Taliban fighter crawls back over the dune and with his dying words tells his commander.....

"Don't send any more men....it's a trap....there's two of them"

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
He was probably in a bad mood as he was most likely drinking a nice brew, when he realised the Afghans were refusing to chase the enemy down. He obviously had to rush his tea and not savour it, standing up with a clear and audible "RIGHT" and announcing "Fuck it then, suppose ill bloody go and do it myself you fucking bunch of wankers."
Therefore with Tea wasted.... Bad MEN MUST DIE.

Last edited:

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
That's impressive. Everyone talks about the seals and forgets that there are plenty of other countries out there with that special sort of badasses. The US does not hold a monopoly on toughness. We do hold a monopoly on Clint Eastwood though. Which is the first thing I thought about when I read the story...

EDIT: Dude, I just noticed that the little wannabe that Clint insults at the end of the scene is his actual real life son...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That's impressive. Everyone talks about the seals and forgets that there are plenty of other countries out there with that special sort of badasses. The US does not hold a monopoly on toughness. We do hold a monopoly on Clint Eastwood though. Which is the first thing I thought about when I read the story...

EDIT: Dude, I just noticed that the little wannabe that Clint insults at the end of the scene is his actual real life son...
Fuck I love that scene

Forgot your password?