The Raven Saga - History in first post.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Have you done any tests to see if ships you pulse all go down for the same length period of time,
I have not, I do feel like it does not really matter, All ships (at this point in 3.0) I have hit, gone down and I usually just hold my second blast until I see their shields start to flicker back. Also with this, most small ships when you take their shields out die very fast.
the maximum burst radius, how much of the ship needs to be inside the radius, etc?
I do not know, I usually blast ships within 100m and it works 100% of the time. My best strategy with the ship is to go in on a high speed first pass to avoid fire (I do not mean full speed, just fast enough that I don't get hit too hard on my way in usually between 200-150 the more guns they can point at you the faster you need to go) After I take down their ship on the first run, I slow down, turn around and recharge, when I have a target I start shooting, when I see the shields come back I am withing my 100m pop them again with the emp, match speed with them and finish them off.
I think there has been some language that because larger ships have their computer cores such a great distance from the periphery of the ship, you cannot for instance burst an Idris. Any idea if this is true? and generally to target a ship for a burst, do you go as close to the bridge as possible?
I have not had this issue with any ship in the game right now, as I said before they will be getting fixed, and we will have to wait to see what the fix does, along with what a ship the side of an Idris does against an EMP blast, right now with bigger ships like Cats I aim for cockpit as it weakest point on the ship when shields are down.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
May have fucked myself over. Hard.

Was doing some random google fu to see some stats and saw that the Raven was only available on the first Optane run until Jan 31, 2018 or while supplies last. Looks like I may be returning the drive if I get it and it doesn't have the ship.If newegg has sold out of the Optanes with the Star Citizen promotion they should change the page to reflect that.

But I can get a refund since it'll be within the 30 days. But we'll have to see.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Should be okay since they are still selling codes and you have until end of year to redeem. Plus they are still advertising the Raven on Newegg.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
May have fucked myself over. Hard.

Was doing some random google fu to see some stats and saw that the Raven was only available on the first Optane run until Jan 31, 2018 or while supplies last. Looks like I may be returning the drive if I get it and it doesn't have the ship.If newegg has sold out of the Optanes with the Star Citizen promotion they should change the page to reflect that.

But I can get a refund since it'll be within the 30 days. But we'll have to see.
That's interesting, I hadn't heard that.

I looked recently at ads, and I did notice that the NewEgg advertisements still have the Raven listed, but that the B&H Photo ad's didn't mention anything about them. Hmmm...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
That's interesting, I hadn't heard that.

I looked recently at ads, and I did notice that the NewEgg advertisements still have the Raven listed, but that the B&H Photo ad's didn't mention anything about them. Hmmm...
Thats the gist from the promo terms on intel's site.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Hurrah! Now let us know what you think of the ship! :slight_smile:
Problem is I got nervous this morning that it wouldn't come with a code and traded an original LTI Khartu-Al for a Raven code to a guy on StarCitizen Trades, who I would highly recommend btw.

So now I have a Code for a Raven but I have a Raven already. FML. What do do what to do?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Problem is I got nervous this morning that it wouldn't come with a code and traded an original LTI Khartu-Al for a Raven code to a guy on StarCitizen Trades, who I would highly recommend btw.

So now I have a Code for a Raven but I have a Raven already. FML. What do do what to do?
Argh!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Ok, but some good has come out of this. I have wanted a raven for some time, and was super cheesed that I needed to get a drive to own one. So this morning, I got up really early and sniped an ebay auction, got one at $98.
Please tell us how it works out. There have been a lot of warnings about buying on EBay but you can tell a lot about the seller by looking at their data.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Please tell us how it works out. There have been a lot of warnings about buying on EBay but you can tell a lot about the seller by looking at their data.
I got the code in less than an hour and it is applied to my account. I'm holding off on feedback for a couple days to make sure, just in case any shenanigans are attempted.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So can you fly it now? That is an amazing price for such a ship. Congrats!

Your snipe bid rivals my best ever purchase on EBay, when I bought a $600 Columbia Omnitech Titanium ski parka for $6 on snipe. There are those rare days. . .

Forgot your password?