Thoughts on the Terrapin?

Griflet

Space Marshal
Aug 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Griflet
A) why did you have more than one merlin? and
B) the terrapin will be indestructable.... you can fly all the auroras into it and it will still stand.
A.) the Merlin is the Mercedes of space. Have you seen the concept art? gorgeous.
B.) I am relieved. really was fearing i made a mistake.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like it. Not really for exploring, as I have my Carrack, but mostly for the super armored and shielded aspect.

I plan to use it to test new tech. Possibly develop better shields for our mining division.
Sounds like a plan, man. When you say test new tech are you just referring to Shield systems or S5 weapons as well? Or am i missing something altogether?

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
I traded back my dragonfly, carrack, and Buccaneer to buy the UEE Explorer package. then since i had a package I got rid of my old mustang beta starter package (with an upgraded ship) and bought back my Buccaneer. So now I have Terrapin, dragonfly, carrack, prospector, and buccaneer all with LTI.

Considering I want to do exploration as a primary with mining as a secondary for money making then pvp for fun I got all the ships i need now to do them all either alone or with friends.

I see the terrapin as the small 2 man carrack. both are same company designing them as well as focused primarily on defence and survivability to facilitate the primary function of exploration. Being military ships they both have fulfilled multiple roles beyond just exploration with modifications but both have a proven track record of doing exactly what they say it does and more. (this all being the fluff writing that drives the design of the ship)

I can't wait to see what they do with both the Terrapin and the Carrack. since each one will be the extreme ends of the same spectrum (smallest and largest) should make for great counterparts to fulfill the full spectrum of exploration.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Wondering if i made the right choice in my drunken stupor.
Drunken choices are always the best choices... you just may have to apologize for them later.

Honestly though, how could you not want to fly around in a space turtle! In fact, I propose that the decision and the circumstance are actually related. In your inebriation, you made the only correct decision. You knew that you simply had to purchase the very best drunken spaceship in the game! When you are 4.6 sheets to the wind, do you want to be flying around in Merlin? Of course not. You want to be flying around in something closer to an indestructible wrecking ball... That, is the very definition of the mighty terrapin.

I do not condemn, but rather applaud your drunken decision making skills sir. Well played!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Is it good for pirate?
-Not dying +1
-Solo-able +1
-Big gun in front +1 (space grog makes those other swivelly guns meh)
-Find Ppl for TEST PALs to go hang out with +1
-Cargo ???
-APC ???
-Expensive -1

Question is: "Do I melt Retaliator for it...?"
Depends...
Do you want to fire torpedoes?

Or

Do you want to BE the torpedo?

Forgot your password?