Tips and Tricks for operating the Mole

Knucklesdeep

Grand Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Knucklesdeep
So I am going to brake this down in to several parts. The Owner, the Pilot, the Turret Operators, and finally the some useful brevity.

The Owner

To start of with the Owner needs to start thinking time is money and time wasted is a loss of money. The Mole is a gas gusler and gas is not cheap for the mole. On a full tank on planet side the Mole will only have 1.5 hours to 2 hours dependent on how good the pilot is at conserving fuel.
gas.PNG

Next the owner will need to start upgrading the Mole. The first and for most is the get a Helix II on the main turret if not all three turrets. With out this the mole can not effectively and timely mine the good rocks and the Helix II can mine any rock as of 3.8 Live. Then, get the XL1 Jump Drive from Port Olisar. This will give you have jump time from PO to Arc Corp in 2:41 Minuets and reduces time in quantum. Finally, get two Rampart shields. This will get 64K HP in total and will give the crew enough time to jump when under attack or save the ship if a turret operator overcharges a rock. Below I have listed some useful links to help with finding parts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z6mCw2lLwi7bZitvZa_nKNcZzl767i8vq1-kmUUJuUk/edit#gid=343397921

The Pilot

The Pilot has to jobs. Fly the ship and second find the Rocks. Position the ship is key to mining with the mole and the pilot needs to be very familiar with the firing Arcs of the mole. Third Person is the pilots friend for this.
Elevation.PNG
Fire Arc.PNG

Next is finding the Rocks. It is recommended that the pilot only use the Wide Area Scan (AKA hold right click in scanning mode). This is due to a glitch that will reset the rock values when scanned by multiple players. let the turret operators figure out whats in the rocks.

The Turret Operator

So the Mining the rock thing is not that bad and is the same as the prospector or even hand mining but lets go over how to tell the deference between a good and bad rock. When Scanning a rock (hold left click in scanning mode) there will be two values that come up per mineral. The first one is is the overall % of that mineral but more impotent, the second value is the concentration of that value in one spot of the rock. So, if you have a low second value each rock that brakes will have a some of that mineral in it but if that value is high, when it brakes there will be one or two rocks with higher values. This will lead to less inert materials and increase overall profit. See pics Below for examples.

Good Rock
Good Rock 1.PNG
Good Rock 2.PNG
Good Rock 3.PNG

Bad Rock
Bad Rock 1.PNG
Bad Rock 2.PNG
Bad Rock 3.PNG

Now that we have that covered, there are some minerals to look for. They are Bexalite, Borase, Taranite, Laranite, Agricium, and Hephaestanite. If its any thing else and not at 100% don't suck it. Finally, when the turret operator is done or needs to swap turrets don't forget to turn off the turret. As of 3.8 Live, if it is not turned off it will glitch out and the mole will have to be respawned to fix it.

Brevity

In order to start mining and do with effectively and timely its good to have some common key phrasing the hole crew can understand

Pilot Forward=ship strafe forward
Pilot Back=ship strafe back
Pilot Left=ship strafe left
Pilot Right=ship strafe right
Pilot Up=ship strafe upward
Pilot Down=ship strafe downward
Pilot Pass=ship moves on to next rock
Pilot Full=ship is full/return to home base
ABORT ABORT ABORT=all lasers off/ship full thrusters and nose up
(Main/Left/Right) Turret Increase=that turret increases laser power
(Main/Left/Right) Turret Decrease=that turret decreases laser power
(Main/Left/Right) Turret Max=that turret set max laser power (100%)
(Main/Left/Right) Turret Min=that turret set minimum laser power (0.10%)
(Main/Left/Right) Turret Off=that turret turns off laser power
(Crew Position) On=Crew station is now maned and ready for operation
(Crew Position) Hands and feet Clear=crew member no longer at crew station

Conclusion

Just some final parting thoughts. Yes, I know my grammar is awful and my spelling is bad and this is not the be all end all for mining with the Mole by any means. Just remember is stay safe and over all have fun.
Profit.PNG

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Excellent guide!

Reactions: Vavrik and Shiwaz
Forgot your password?