To MIS or Not to MIS

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
Freelancer MIS is going to be up for sale soon. I'm thinking about CCUing my LTI Freelancer to it.
But I'm having trouble getting up the nerve to pull the trigger. With the new Freelancer remodeling, I have no idea what it will look like.
With the larger model, will there be some room now for cargo transport to make it worthwhile to trade with? Just how much will it cost to actually arm this ship properly? Is there some way to equip a MIS for exploration and keep the security of a crapload of missiles for protection intact? Will they do away with those chin-boobs?
Did a superficial search, mostly got the CIG posting.
Thanks for any and all help.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I would say if you are not sure, but don't what to loose the opportunity, get the upgrade from the ccu and don't apply it. Wait for the new model to come and if it ends up being interesting, apply it, if not, melt the ccu or sell it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarrenPeace

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
I would say if you are not sure, but don't what to loose the opportunity, get the upgrade from the icu and don't apply it. Wait for the new model to come and if it ends up being interesting, apply it, if not, melt the ccu or sell it.
That makes sense. Just need to feel ok about buying a missile boat. Afraid this is a one-trick-pony design.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I want the LTI Freelancer MIS because, while it will be effective at killing bigger ships, it will also be vulnerable to more maneuverable ships. Having free replacements makes owning one practical.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
The mis is one of my favorite ships. I would love to be able fit one in my line up but i dont have room

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
You can pick up an upgrade to it from a freelancer (or something closer in cost) and sit on it until you see how the redesign goes.

That is "my" ship but at this point I am sitting on a set of upgrades to it from the P-72. The big question mark is how much cargo space it will actually have. I just don't know if it will be good as an "adventuring" ship which is sort what I am looking for. I also want to see if it is going to have good crew positions for my kid. The turret in the back of the base freelancer is a great place for me to stick a 7-8 year old.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
You can pick up an upgrade to it from a freelancer (or something closer in cost) and sit on it until you see how the redesign goes.

That is "my" ship but at this point I am sitting on a set of upgrades to it from the P-72. The big question mark is how much cargo space it will actually have. I just don't know if it will be good as an "adventuring" ship which is sort what I am looking for. I also want to see if it is going to have good crew positions for my kid. The turret in the back of the base freelancer is a great place for me to stick a 7-8 year old.
I baught two of the $30 packages for my kids this week. I'm thinking about getting the MIS as well for the 3 man crew. I have a connie as well so just need to get my wife to play now.

Forgot your password?