Trading and Fleet Management From Your Ship Bridge

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hi All!

I've installed a trading and fleet management apps into my ship's computer core and now I can trade and manage fleet with no need to leave my ship. Check out the screenshot below. Buying and selling cargo while having an icy cold beer laying back in the pilot seat is great! :beer::beers:

Must be a bug. Or a feature :grinning:

Seriously though, why do we necessarily need the trading terminals? We can buy and sell stuff from our mobile phones nowadays, so why in 30th - 31st century we can't do the same from the ship or mobiglass?

It may make sense to do it from the ship screens. Assuming the ship is advanced enough, it can calculate how much cargo it can take, the balance and center of mass, and how the cargo should be loaded, etc., how much more fuel is required to go to a destination (modern airline industry is already doing something like this before the flight) and send this info to the location's trading system (fueling services, etc.).

Plus this way it's harder to look at the terminal screen over your shoulder - what are you buying, how much is it, etc. This might be possible with hacking into your ship systems etc. (watch out those Heralds parked on a landing pad near you, but if you have encryption...).

What do you think?

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Also, consider this: Pull up in a Hull E. It just makes sense that you conduct your business from the ship's bridge. Besides, aren't those cargo pods supposed to be loaded and unloaded with Argos or some such?

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Hi All!

I've installed a trading and fleet management apps into my ship's computer core and now I can trade and manage fleet with no need to leave my ship. Check out the screenshot below. Buying and selling cargo while having an icy cold beer laying back in the pilot seat is great! :beer::beers:

Must be a bug. Or a feature :grinning:

Seriously though, why do we necessarily need the trading terminals? We can buy and sell stuff from our mobile phones nowadays, so why in 30th - 31st century we can't do the same from the ship or mobiglass?

It may make sense to do it from the ship screens. Assuming the ship is advanced enough, it can calculate how much cargo it can take, the balance and center of mass, and how the cargo should be loaded, etc., how much more fuel is required to go to a destination (modern airline industry is already doing something like this before the flight) and send this info to the location's trading system (fueling services, etc.).

Plus this way it's harder to look at the terminal screen over your shoulder - what are you buying, how much is it, etc. This might be possible with hacking into your ship systems etc. (watch out those Heralds parked on a landing pad near you, but if you have encryption...).

What do you think?

I think its an important part of the gameplay. Leaving your ship is
- Letting other access your ship (hacking in the future?)
- Rendering you more defenseless against bounty hunters
- *insert other reasons here*

Yeah we can order stuff online today but it needs to be packed, transported, duty paid, repacked and delivered by others. So its up to you to hire a (SC) logistics company but it will be potentially more expensive than driving over to the wholesale market.

So who wants to create a star citizen "amazon"? :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Some ships are going to have drones and Amazomg is trilling those right now... I could just have a couple of drones in the back of the Taurus (when I actually try to do some trading, computer feels too slow and don't want to bankrupt myself).

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
I think its an important part of the gameplay. Leaving your ship is
- Letting other access your ship (hacking in the future?)
- Rendering you more defenseless against bounty hunters
- *insert other reasons here*

Yeah we can order stuff online today but it needs to be packed, transported, duty paid, repacked and delivered by others. So its up to you to hire a (SC) logistics company but it will be potentially more expensive than driving over to the wholesale market.

So who wants to create a star citizen "amazon"? :slight_smile:
I remember they mentioned in one of Around the Verse that it will be possible to look over your shoulder to see what are you doing with your mobiglass or terminals (for which you need to be outside of your ship). Plus other things that you mentioned.

Maybe we should found not an only an "amazon", but an exchange? A TSX - Test Stock Exchange or something? Actually, this may be a theme for another topic... :)

Forgot your password?