Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
It is considered moderate risk. It's just like making a sale over craigslist using PayPal.

You contact seller, pay for said ship (never do a swap unless you know the person) and they gift it to you.

That's the ideal version. Now you can run into what I had before. Send cash, get ship, months later they go to CIG and say account was hacked. Ship was removed from my account. Plus payment for the ship deducted by auto melting another ship.

Contact CIG with pages of proof. They rule with me, ships restored (all now ungiftable though) and scammer banned. I also opened up a paypal investigation at the same time and won that as well getting the money back. I contacted the scammer and said he could have the cash -fees back if he said sorry (I got the ship so it was fair payment) never heard back from him.

Well most of the time it goes well, you may run into issues like that

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I've done 2 trades on there, no problems. Sticking with some of the more "accredited" traders on there, such as Kane, Loneshade, STAR hangar, will most likely not cause you any problem, they have a ton of successful trades and would lose more from tarnishing their reputation than from ripping you off.

But screenshot, screenshot, screenshot! Screenshot the offer, your PM's, your invoice, your receipt, everything!

Also, what are you looking at buying? I lurk the grey market subreddit fairly often and I know decent prices for most ships.

But the tl;dr: message someone selling the ship, tell them you are interested. Most of the big name traders will send you a paypal invoice, and then gift you the ship to your email after the transaction clears.

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
I might be considering this if my situation does not improve :(. Don't want to but I might have to sell all i have that is still giftable :(

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
If I am ever selling it will be the full account.

Forgot your password?