Trading question

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
Hello testies,

I tryed the las few days to do trading trips. I used the app calculator to get the more interesting route and to see where to go.
But it turned out a completly disaster:
- On hurston moons, i couldnt select my ship to buy stuff. i tryed all of my ships at disposal to check if it was a specifique ship related probleme but it wasnt.
- I went back to the crusader system and i could select my ship but the vendors at outpost didnt have anything to sell me.
- I know that outpost dont have an infinite amount of supplys but there whould at least be the possibility to check what they have for sell instead of a plain "NONE"

I just feel like i lost 3 days to try to test something that just couldnt work.

So, did i do anything wrong and what you usualy do for trading?

regards

Reactions: supitza and Deroth

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
You need to have that commodity which you want to sell in your cargo to see if they want to buy that. Before versemate or those spreadsheet i bought 1 Scu of everything and traveld around to see what is sold where. Its a stupid mechanic which hopefully gets replaced soon™ reread the text

Also they should have something to sell you so its probably a bug if you're not doing it wrong. i can check that later.

What you could try is buy medical equipment in Port Olisar and deliver it to benson mining. You can sell it there and buy chlorine, hydrogen or fluorine and sell it back in P.O.

This might not be the most optimal route which gives you a lot profit. But it’s a first start and should at least bring you some cash

Reactions: Deroth

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
If you're role-playing with trading ok... But if you're not, then do widow runs, in jump town, I have a drake, started with 5k, 4 runs and ended in 45k

Reactions: Deroth and Michael

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
I would like to avoid unecessary pirates and dangerous trouble, i got an aquila and in solo mode it s like a flying pinata.
Also in the futur of the verse you will most likely get reputation and criminal records for selling drugs etc...

I m not looking for profit but more to test the mechanic

Reactions: Deroth

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Hello testies,

I tryed the las few days to do trading trips. I used the app calculator to get the more interesting route and to see where to go.
But it turned out a completly disaster:
- On hurston moons, i couldnt select my ship to buy stuff. i tryed all of my ships at disposal to check if it was a specifique ship related probleme but it wasnt.
- I went back to the crusader system and i could select my ship but the vendors at outpost didnt have anything to sell me.
- I know that outpost dont have an infinite amount of supplys but there whould at least be the possibility to check what they have for sell instead of a plain "NONE"

I just feel like i lost 3 days to try to test something that just couldnt work.

So, did i do anything wrong and what you usualy do for trading?

regards
@ShakyWater reported over in another thread that he was able to use a Caterpillar for a day from the Drake Expo loaner and made 5k profit per run on iodine. Maybe you can get more details from him?

In general, I have found the last few days to be extremely bugged...maybe the "free-fly" and the ship expo stuff has the servers more hammered than usual.

My advice...I don't know how many ships you have, but what I have done is take a cargo ship, buy one or two SCU's of something at Port Olisar, and then run around to a couple of nearby moons, and buy & sell one or two SCU's of whatever they have. I write everything down, and then after 2 or 3 destinations, rapidly settle on one or two types of cargo that I can reliably sell at one or two places (in case the first place stops buying) and try to maximize the profits that way.

(If you are low on aUEC to start with, the best thing to do is run some delivery missions first --> that way you don't have to risk any of your own money starting off).

Salakavala

Commander
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Salakavala
Are any of the delivery missions working, though? I have had zero luck on a dozen attempts. I opted instead to just go through Patrols to earn when my funds get borked. It's boring because the AI broke, but it's zero risk at the moment.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Are any of the delivery missions working, though? I have had zero luck on a dozen attempts. I opted instead to just go through Patrols to earn when my funds get borked. It's boring because the AI broke, but it's zero risk at the moment.
Delivery missions are really hit & miss, mostly miss...I haven't found any consistent way of telling ahead of time if one is going to work. If you can pick up and deliver to a Covelex vending machine, that usually means it will work, but I haven't found a way to determine ahead of time if you can get that.

The funniest thing that happened to me was, having done everything successfully only to have the mission start crapping out at the end...I was placing the box on the counter with the NPC, and right as he was telling me, "I don't have any record of his...TAKE YOUR SHIT" the Mission Complete thing came up and I got paid a couple seconds later.

All I can say is, keep trying...I'm hoping that when the free-fly ends and the servers aren't getting slammed, the missions will get fixed (one way or another).

Forgot your password?