Travels vid

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I think he hits the nail on the head and gives a realistic reason of why you don't want to solo fly your stuff across the verse unless its multicrew.
I'm wondering, if I crew on your ship and log off mid-trip, will I still be aboard when I log back on?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm wondering, if I crew on your ship and log off mid-trip, will I still be aboard when I log back on?
I think you end up logging wherever the bunk was you logged off at. So yes, you'd still be in that ship I reckon.

Now, they'd need to put in a mechanic so that if said ship was merely to transport you, then when you log in you would be at your destination, not on the ship, providing enough time had passed. It'd be redundant if you logged off on a personnel transport ship, and when you logged back on you were on that same ship on its return to your original destination. Something would need to be in place to make sure your toon/char would remain where you were intending to go.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
I think you end up logging wherever the bunk was you logged off at. So yes, you'd still be in that ship I reckon.

Now, they'd need to put in a mechanic so that if said ship was merely to transport you, then when you log in you would be at your destination, not on the ship, providing enough time had passed. It'd be redundant if you logged off on a personnel transport ship, and when you logged back on you were on that same ship on its return to your original destination. Something would need to be in place to make sure your toon/char would remain where you were intending to go.
Ive fallen asleep on a train amd ended up where i started. It's not fun. I do agree there should some mechanic so you get off at the end of your trip.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?