Trying to login on every page? IOS, iPhone.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I have never seen this behaviour with any other website. I’m logged in yet every page, and in threads, I get this?

Reactions: Invidia_x4

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Have logged out and back in but it’s still occurring. Behaviour has only just started happening.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It seems like you're logged in, you have notifications.

My guess is something is broken between iOS and 1password.

Try using a different browser. Chrome or Firefox, instead of Safari, and see if that helps.

You could also try explicitly logging out and then back in using the 1password system rather than the Safari form. (I don't use 1password on iOS so unsure what exactly the fix is).

The best thing you could do would be to upgrade your iOS phone to Android. ;)

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I’ll try reinstalling 1Passeord, but I didn’t want to have to go so far as rolling back to Android ;)

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It's possible something broke with a new version of 1password.

It is more likely that Apple broke something with a new version of Safari.

They very frequently break 3rd party apps and then blame it on the 3rd party. It helps them keep you locked into their ecosystem because you think everyone else sucks. The reality is that Apple is the problem. Break free from Apple slavery! :p

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST

Reinstall of 1Password did not work, and page occasionally crashes as above.

To reiterate this is new behaviour, the login and crashing thing has only been happening for about 24 hours

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Now it's using iCloud Keychain rather than 1password.

Definitely a Safari problem.

Stop using Safari. If you don't want to use Chrome, Firefox is also viable.

Anything but Safari, which is crap.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
“A website has recently been updated and now doesn’t work correctly”
“LIGHT YOUR PHONE ON FIRE AND SWITCH TO ANDROID”

It is a safari problem, Firefox works fine. But why. Safari is better to use on iOS.

Last edited:

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Because Apple.

• Wut
Reactions: August

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
My guess is they have introduced this iCloud Keychain thing which they want you to use instead of a 3rd party app like 1password.

If you are dumb enough to put your info into iCloud Keychain then it's all the more difficult for you to ever leave the evil empire because they force it to break on non-Apple products, like they do everything else they own.

But somehow they have screwed it up, and so Safari keeps popping up these stupid messages for you.

As far as "Safari is better" - no, it's not. Nobody should ever use Safari, it is inferior in virtually every way to Chrome and Firefox. The only thing it has going for it is that it's installed by default on iShit devices.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I appreciate your level and rational explanation.

The bahaviour is exhibited on no other site I visit, I’m not sure your guess is accurate.

Let’s stop now, it’s obviously a trigger.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It's not a trigger. 😀

I'm a web developer. iOS Safari is by far the most painful browser to develop for because of so many painfully dumb things like this they do.

In every case, the solution is for the user to stop using Safari. The hope that Apple would fix Safari, or stop breaking it regularly, died about 10 years ago.

I wish I could help you more with your specific problem. I use (and love!) 1password.

One of the cool things about it is it works across many different platforms which is great for the vast majority of the world who aren't helplessly trapped in the Apple ecosystem. Seeing this problem just leads me to believe that this is one more thing Apple is trying to make an inferior version of that will further trap those poor souls on their platform, not by providing extra value, but by providing less, and breaking compatibility with 3rd party tools, the Apple MO.

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Just started happening to me as well on my desktop. Using firefox and win10.
It is rather annoying that it keeps switching to a page that tells me I am already logged in. Huh?

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Thanks for trying Seung, have cleared website data and cache but it’s still happening under Safari.

Forgot your password?