Trying to quit smoking again. Won't be on for a couple of days.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Hey guys. Since I got sick with the damn flu 5 days ago I decided it would be a good idea to not smoke until its gone. Then 5 days later I decided it would be a good idea to not smoke again. So I'm 5 days smoke free and any external stimulus causes murderous outbreaks.

I will be gone from TS for a couple of days until my blood-thirst wears off.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I was smoke free for 4 years. Then I came back to Greece and fell into its clutches again. I know that if I manage another week I'm good. The really bad cravings will be gone, plus I will be getting a new mobo, a GTX780 Ti and more RAM next week to retain the hole in my wallet.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Everytime you get the urge, don't do it for the sake of your PC!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
We could put up pictures showing healthy lungs vs smokers lungs, but Seung found something 1000x more effective!

Smoking can clog your CPU cooler causing the less than optimal temperatures and poorer game performance!!! :eek:

Reactions: SeungRyul

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
by the way, any suggestions on an SLI/Crossfire capable mobo for AMD AM3+.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Be stronk. I'm in the same position right now. So far 3 weeks without smoking. GabeN help me if i have to drink a lot oft beer again.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Worst thing is that smell and taste are returning. God my room stinks like a fart...

Reactions: Dalarast

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I know the feeling all too well (ex chain smoker 2 packs of 24 sigs a day, over €300 a month)
So stay strong, and think of all the extra ships you can buy with that extra money... i know i did! :)

Reactions: Krystal LeChuck

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
If you ever have any trouble quitting, feel free to pm me for a little suggestion that could help. I'm not posting it here since it's more of a safer alternative than anything, and you guys are doing well so far.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Choppanob can either smoke, or buy six 890 Jumps every year!
rather have 12 Reclaimers :)

If you ever have any trouble quitting, feel free to pm me for a little suggestion that could help. I'm not posting it here since it's more of a safer alternative than anything, and you guys are doing well so far.
Now i'm curious!
When i started to quit, i tried all the thing i knew, like gum, tablets, bandage, acupuncture, witchcraft and offering a goat to the gods.
Nothing worked... but then i started to go cold turkey, and free of smoking for almost 3 years now.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
First time I quit I went cold turkey. My late fiance died of brain cancer and it was all the motivation someone couldn't ask for. Besides the traumatic experience, every time I felt the craving for a cigarette I downed a glass of water. That meant I had to go to the toilet every 10mins. Brain then does this weird subconcious association of smoking and running to the toilet. Reduces the cravings. Sounds crazy but it worked in my case.

Unfortunately I came back to Greece and all this depression around me got to me.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Now i'm curious!
When i started to quit, i tried all the thing i knew, like gum, tablets, bandage, acupuncture, witchcraft and offering a goat to the gods.
Nothing worked... but then i started to go cold turkey, and free of smoking for almost 3 years now.
Like Snowianth said, I was going to suggest vaping and slowly decreasing nicotine content over time. I know a moderate amount as a vaper, but if you're 3 years smoke free I'd say you don't need my help :D

Forgot your password?