Trying to save up in game for a Prospector - Slow Going So Far

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I decided to play more and have been trying to save up in the game to buy a Prospector so I can mine with everyone else. Trading being shot to hell has not helped along with all of the bugs. That being said, I am up to over 100k with a small amount of playtime (I work and have wife/kids). What are some money making tips in 3.5? Is there a way for us to group up and split the profits from the larger mercenary missions? I took one for 10k but could not take out the Hammerhead that spawned. I have mainly been doing delivery missions (one at a time due to stability and bugs) and some mercenary missions that I can solo.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I decided to play more and have been trying to save up in the game to buy a Prospector so I can mine with everyone else. Trading being shot to hell has not helped along with all of the bugs. That being said, I am up to over 100k with a small amount of playtime (I work and have wife/kids). What are some money making tips in 3.5? Is there a way for us to group up and split the profits from the larger mercenary missions? I took one for 10k but could not take out the Hammerhead that spawned. I have mainly been doing delivery missions (one at a time due to stability and bugs) and some mercenary missions that I can solo.
Delivery missions are the way to go for now.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Delivery missions are the way to go for now.
The other way is to get your wanted level up and then do mercenary missions which are typically pretty ease and quick and often pay out at 6k a mission. Often times you can just say around Grim Hex and pick up a new mission from the Mobi-Glass which will typically spawn close by making for a quick mission complete.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
For mining, only one real problem, but it's caused a lot of people to switch to trade for now. It's just that mining seems to have a lot more crashes at the moment. Thing is, anything happens to you while mining, it's just wasted time. Just claim your ship. If you're trading, you have an investment to protect, and if you can't (or you crash) you might also lose money, and you also wasted time.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
For mining, only one real problem, but it's caused a lot of people to switch to trade for now. It's just that mining seems to have a lot more crashes at the moment. Thing is, anything happens to you while mining, it's just wasted time. Just claim your ship. If you're trading, you have an investment to protect, and if you can't (or you crash) you might also lose money, and you also wasted time.
For me the prospect of server crashes and client crashes makes trading rather risky. The other aspect of trading that is terrible is the hidden buy amount. While it does reset after a few minutes it means you get to sit around the trade terminal waiting for the reset before selling another chunk of your cargo.

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
I have also had a lot of trouble with the mercenary missions where my shots are not lining up with the pips. This has been in both fixed and gimbal modes. Also, the AI ships are still jittering and making combat a pain. Money making so far has been very slow going for me.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have also had a lot of trouble with the mercenary missions where my shots are not lining up with the pips. This has been in both fixed and gimbal modes. Also, the AI ships are still jittering and making combat a pain. Money making so far has been very slow going for me.
This has been a common problem I've seen on the forum.

Reactions: Deroth and Bambooza

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
If you know anyone that had similar play schedule to you and a Prospector then by teaming up with them you should be able to make decent profits as well as having a second body on the ship to mitigate the impacts of random 30ks.

Forgot your password?