Turret handling feels awkward to me...

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
Yesterday in CFT I manned a turret on a Cutty and a Tali, and putting aside the upside-down turret on the tali, they all handle like a bowl of soup, if you aim right/left too far it keeps going until you move your aiming back to the center. It was horrible to try and shoot at anything, especially small targets like a buccaneer and other small fighters.

You think they'll keep it like this or will it be chanced? and who thought it was a good system to begin with....

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
Did you try to alter mouse/aim mode?
  • Look Ahead = LALT + M
  • Cycle mouse move mode = LALT + ,
  • Cycle mouse aim mode = SHIFT
  • Target Focus = LALT + R
didn't even know that's a thing... who has a ship with turrets that can test/confirm this makes turret aiming manageable?

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I haven't been able to get in a ship where the turrets even worked yet. even my own they won't move or pivot, or fire. I have tried claiming them several times, verifying there are guns on them. no joy. Also made sure the turret movement keys were bound.

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
I haven't been able to get in a ship where the turrets even worked yet. even my own they won't move or pivot, or fire. I have tried claiming them several times, verifying there are guns on them. no joy. Also made sure the turret movement keys were bound.
Out of habit when I got into the turret first thing I did was manually turn on power (F for interactions), after that they worked. There is also a "toggle weapon fire mode" button or something like that, though I'm not quite sure if it did anything as I didn't fire much. Pending future testing.

Forgot your password?