Uhhh where does this go?

CompetentAlloy

Lieutenant
Mar 15, 2014
RSI Handle
CompetentAlloy
Because I lack the knowledge (sobriety) to accurately place this question/request....

On the TestOutfit teamspeak, I sign in as a guest, which forcibly assigns me push to talk. Any way I can not be a guest? or at least not have to push to talk?

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
Because I lack the knowledge (sobriety) to accurately place this question/request....

On the TestOutfit teamspeak, I sign in as a guest, which forcibly assigns me push to talk. Any way I can not be a guest? or at least not have to push to talk?
Push-to-talk is forced on everyone.

Reactions: BluChew

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
also as for the guest issue the next time I or any other inviter is on ask them to unguest you.

Wicca

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Wicca
There is a usergroup on the teamspeak called voiceactivated or smt. I suspect that one is for people who are trusted with it. If you ask nicely, or perhaps donate a nice sum to the community, it is possible you will be given this ability.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
There is a usergroup on the teamspeak called voiceactivated or smt. I suspect that one is for people who are trusted with it. If you ask nicely, or perhaps donate a nice sum to the community, it is possible you will be given this ability.
no. I don't believe that is possible because the server itself mutes anyone without push to talk.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
So what is that usergroup for?
last time I remember it being used was because we had Luperza in our TS and SOE's stuff wasn't working well for Friday night live so Roy and Malorn did some coding to do things. I think it must have been a two way thing or we would have some people using it today.

There is another way of doing this. If you want teamspeak does have a system to let you use voice activation even after you've gone to push to talk. I think it's in advanced settings somewhere. If you do that and find a way to keep one button permanently pushed down that would I guess be a round about way of doing this but the whole push to talk requirement has reasons and that is that in large channels, it quickly gets annoying if you have to listen to everyone breathe or eat or drink. People are not bad for doing these things. It's just that when you normally have 40 people in one channel, it can get a bit out of hand.

Wicca

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Wicca
I didnt know that. I dont delve too deep into advanced settings. But I prefer voice over ptt, not that its a major thing but since we are discussin it.

I dislike teamspeak "spam", where someones mic goes ballistic, and they are on voice acc, but I dont mind sharing a burp :P

Forgot your password?