• N

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

SpaceDoge

Space Marshal
Dec 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SpaceD0ge
So while I was reading the uo'aXy'an (I'll call them Xy'an) language guide and dictionary, I couldn't help but think: "What if we were to make a Xy'an dictionary with all the words in it and you could-using the grammar rules given by the devs, try to make a comprehensive guide/dictionary?"

Seeing that super long list of words made me think that we should really find a better solution. And I know CIG will probably make some kind of thing like that. But I want to try to make my own. If any of you have any knowledge on how I could do this. For instance :What platform? A website or an app/program? What coding language(by the way I don't know any coding, but whichever language it would take I would want to learn it) should I use? Is this even worth it?

So yeah, let me know your thoughts as I've never done anything close to this, but I really want to learn the Xy'an language.

(To basically synthesize all the info given to us)

Reactions: Ezz

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I know many people are fascinated by what the Xi'an language is and want to learn it.
I would NEVER EVER consider learning a fictional language while there are still useful languages to learn.

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
How about a translator app or something. Or is that what you are talking about?
At first maybe just word by word. But that would be cool.

Reactions: supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
How about a translator app or something. Or is that what you are talking about?
At first maybe just word by word. But that would be cool.
I hope they also add subtitles for the people that don't want to learn a new language. I'd be very sad (and shocked, and maybe a bit pissed) if they add a Tomb Raider / NMS system where you have to click on pillars or similar items scattered through the world and learn 1 word at a time.
It's 2947. You'd think the technology had evolved a lot since this:

Reactions: Deroth and Ezz

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
I hope they also add subtitles for the people that don't want to learn a new language. I'd be very sad (and shocked, and maybe a bit pissed) if they add a Tomb Raider / NMS system where you have to click on pillars or similar items scattered through the world and learn 1 word at a time.
It's 2947. You'd think the technology had evolved a lot since this:
Or the new google ear buds

Reactions: Deroth and supitza

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
And also: I think it will more like.. if you put time into learning it or trying to translate stuff you get some extra info regarding story and the universe. At least thats what I hope.

Reactions: supitza

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
And also: I think it will more like.. if you put time into learning it or trying to translate stuff you get some extra info regarding story and the universe. At least thats what I hope.
That I wouldn't mind. All I hope is that the game won't hamper my interactions with the Xi'an (not letting me sell or buy from them, for example) because I haven't learned their language IRL.

Reactions: Deroth and Ezz

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
That I wouldn't mind. All I hope is that the game won't hamper my interactions with the Xi'an (not letting me sell or buy from them, for example) because I haven't learned their language IRL.
No that won' be a think. That would be crazy. And they know that

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?