Upcoming ship claim change

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi TEST,

Just noticed a recent dev post on Spectrum stating they are going to eversoslightly change the Ship Claim mechanic to reduce stress on the Servers.

Any IRL cash bought ship will soon be "deliverable" to any ASOP terminal rather than flying from Home to where you want to live and then insurance claiming your favourites to get them all where you want them to be. Apparently not only i was doing this, and it was causing instability.

At least I think that's what they're saying...

Not sure how long it'll last and indeed how long it'll take to get in game, but it's on the way.

Last edited:

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
Hi TEST,

Just noticed a recent dev post on Spectrum stating they are going to eversoslightly change the Ship Claim mechanic to reduce stress on the Servers.

Any IRL cash bought ship will soon be "deliverable" to any ASOP terminal rather than flying from Home to where you want to live and then insurance claiming your favourites to get them all where you want them to be. Apparently not only i was doing this, and it was causing instability.

At least I think that's what they're saying...

Not sure how long it'll last and indeed how long it'll take to get in game, but it's on the way.
This is how it was for years before they locked it to a starting city.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ya nothing special. They are just reducing the amount of data being stored in the player database and subsequent calls by not creating that object until you play with it. Like I'm sure you have multiple ships but most you haven't flown in ages. No reason to add all of that data that's not being used.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?