[Updated with Youtube] SC-Gamedev-Effecting Visuals (from last Live on twitch)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
For those who missed it, behind the scene on effects in Star Citizen.

SC-Gamedev-Effecting Visuals <--- That's the link to the recorded live stream. Start about 12min in if link don't jump to right time. Show is 1hour+

Here is the Youtube version

CHEERS! 🍻

Attachments

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
your play button doesnt work, its just a picture. Fool me once....
Yeah figured it would do just that, hence I made the comment that pointing to the actual link :P ha ha ha

Show get really interesting as it goes along.. :D

CHEERS! 🍻

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Almost skipped this episode, until I saw it posted here. Then I watched the whole thing! Very cool stuff!
I really like these episodes where you can see that the devs love what they're doing and just keep going deeper into the subject even though they didn't plan for it lol.
This is the kind of thing I show to my friends when they start talking shit about SC cos they read some hit piece full of misinformation.
Some of the tools they have are really cool! I wish I had stuff like screen space collision for particles, it would make my job so much easier lol

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Almost skipped this episode, until I saw it posted here. Then I watched the whole thing! Very cool stuff!
I really like these episodes where you can see that the devs love what they're doing and just keep going deeper into the subject even though they didn't plan for it lol.
This is the kind of thing I show to my friends when they start talking shit about SC cos they read some hit piece full of misinformation.
Some of the tools they have are really cool! I wish I had stuff like screen space collision for particles, it would make my job so much easier lol
Yeah it really show how much work they put in to make this happen.
Think there is similar add on for Lumberyard. and Unreal engine but it cost a shitload of cash/monthly so if your not a big production studio for movies it's a stretch to have as individual.
But then the one they have from what I seen is much more refined and others I seen.
A lot a work gone in to that tool but now it pays off.

CHEERS! 🍻

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I love particle effects managed by the GPU. The tool is interesting too, because the artist doesn't have to play with it blindly to see the output. Also, these effects can simulate the effects of gravity and atmospheric transitions. I see a much higher fidelity in our future.

Forgot your password?