Using a bunch of in-game screenshots, I created some parallax effect/scrolling clips

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

Based on a request by CMDR Zman, I started playing with creating parallax effect clips using in-game screenshots. This video is a 4k compilation of four parallax effect clips using a technique commonly called "Parallax Scrolling" which:

Each scene uses anywhere from four to eight different in-game screenshots specifically taken for these parallax clips. The screenshots are then modified in post production, carefully masking out backgrounds, matching lighting and color from other shots and exporting as lossless transparent PNG files which are then imported into my video editor. The whole thing ended up being much more time consuming than I had anticipated. But hopefully you like the results.

I'm slowly making these available as video wallpapers on Wallpaper Engine.

I have a few more things planned for these... but they're not ready for sharing yet. I will also be making more of these... so if anyone has ideas/requests, I'm open. So far, a racing scene has been requested as well as something with a Cutlass. For the racing one, I might see about recycling this old piece I did.

The music is a Star Citizen inspired, fan-made piece by Alexzander Jordon (a fellow TESTie) called Singularity from the Combined Arms II soundtrack.

And here's the link to the post on the RSI Community Hub

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Seriously?? What the hell man. You just keep upping your game with every video and album. The audio sync is perfect. The Parallax Scrolling is spot on and flawless. Great work. Keep it up and some day you might just get noticed and start to develop a following.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Very nice!
Thank you!

Seriously?? What the hell man. You just keep upping your game with every video and album. The audio sync is perfect. The Parallax Scrolling is spot on and flawless. Great work. Keep it up and some day you might just get noticed and start to develop a following.
:)
I really appreciate that!!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Reactions: mr-hasgaha
Forgot your password?