VANGUARD THIS WEEK! - Maybe

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
250$??????!!for a fighter??? That better be a really amazing friggin ship for that price!!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The great superhornet melt is upon us!

For $250 Im sitting it out.

In fact, I think Im pretty much done with all my personal ships at this point.

Reactions: Dalarast

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Yeah $250 was more than I expected, was thinking 150-200 range.
For that price she must be beast, at least as powerful or large as the Redeemer, Connie or Tali.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The great superhornet melt is upon us!

For $250 Im sitting it out.

In fact, I think Im pretty much done with all my personal ships at this point.
Thats what I keep telling myself about Legos but I'm still buying them. In fact the UCS Sandcrawler is sitting beside m waiting to be built tomorrow.

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
kinda of seems counter productive to have the tali release/sale then announce the much awaited deep space fighter.

I won't say I will not buy it if it looks.... justified but I will only grab it from melting other ships, I had purchased $200 in gift cards, and it came out to $ 262 (Can to US) so I am done with new money infusions

anyone want to place bets on Redeemer gate round 2 will happen?
*edit just checked the forum, expected reaction is going*

the ship will need the fuel tanks of a Carrack, speed of a M50 and the fire power of redeemer lol

Last edited:

Pr0totype dFA

Space Marshal
Jan 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Pr0totype_dFA
I was expecting $175 from this ship. I guess we'll see what this thing can actually do then for that price. Originally I was going to melt my M50 but I'm not sure now

Spyro

Vice Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
SteadyK
Well in interesed! only because i was looking for a 2 seater pure fighter deep space and thats the ONE! thanksBlack Sunder for the headsup i was just about to fall in to the tali sexyness but since this poped up ill w8 for a weak an see if they will justify the price! as de DEV said
Guys - wait until you see the ship and details to cry bloody murder. :) We announce the price a week in advance to give folks who are interested the warning they requested... we'll have all kinds of details available before we actually ask anyone to spend that money. (I think we have a pretty good track record for pricing ships, so far!)

Semphis Rythorn

Rear Admiral
Aug 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Semphis_Rythorn
The price is one thing but there is something i really want is.

The Vanguard to take NOTHING from the bastard child redeemer that ship can DIAF for all i care.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Hahahahahahaha. Noooope.

I'm not paying more money for a 2 person fighter than I did for my Caterpillar.

How the fuck is CIG going to justify a Redeemer/Constellation level price point for a 2 person fighter? The thing basically has to be OP as hell for 2x the price of a base Hornet, whether by outfighting any other ships and being moderately better ranged, or just being equal to a Hornet in combat terms, and spanking it in terms of range.

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
That's expensive... I still want one, but wow... 175 would have been much more reasonable...

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
The Vanguard to take NOTHING from the bastard child redeemer that ship can DIAF for all i care.
You just can't handle the ball of sexiness and firepower that is the Redeemer.

But anyways I know it makes no sense but the price tag is actually hyping up the Vanguard even more in my head. I think CIG's generally shown to be pretty fair in pricing things thus far, and if they think it's worth that then it's gotta be one hell of a ship considering the function.

Of course they could just be setting the price intentionally high because they don't want to flood the 'verse with them and they know a bunch of people will buy it regardless, but who knows. Either way I'm extremely excited to see it finally, I've been waiting for this ship since it was first announced.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
My intention was to melt my mustang alpha (which I only bought to try out sinc eI had spare credits) melt my LX and then use the little bit of store credit I had plus maybe some personal money and maaaaaybe melting the I've got thier back skin and pistol I bought, all to make this the last ship for me.

But I was also expecting the high hundreds, maybe just tipping $200.

This ship needs me to fall in love with it for me to even consider it.

Pr0totype dFA

Space Marshal
Jan 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Pr0totype_dFA
It has to be a much bigger ship than what we anticipated. I originally thought it was going to be on the same level as the Super Hornet. If it can haul as much as my MIS then I might even consider melting that but we'll see when the specs are released. This is what happens when people complain about letting us to know in advance about a sale price without knowing the actual ship specs lol From what Ben Lesnick was posting, he plans on buying this one from this wave of ships so it must be worth the price or that he is hyping it up a bit. But they plan on answering questions next week for the ship on Around the Verse

=========================================================================
"It's a simple question, but one that I wish didn't need to be asked :) We went through the same process for pricing the Vanguard as we have every other concept ship. I've been involved in every internal pricing discussion, and I've NEVER seen anyone suggest inflating the price just because we can. (I have seen the opposite, where we decide that the price our review comes up with doesn't feel right and we lower it... but I'll say unequivocally that we've never chosen a price for a ship or item 'because we can.')

As for whether or not the Vanguard is really worth it... that's why we do the concept sale, so you can look at what we're putting into the ship, what we want it to do, how we're balancing it now... and decide for yourself. Personally, I'm a fan of the military-spec ships, so it may be the first I buy myself from this wave :) (Don't tell Ali.)" - Ben Lesnick

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
It has to be a much bigger ship than what we anticipated. I originally thought it was going to be on the same level as the Super Hornet.
I was (and still am) expecting between Cutlass and Freelancer size, personally.

My Superhornet will probably be melted for this if it looks good.
Yeah I'll probably melt my Avenger and my Delta for it if it lives up to the hype.

Forgot your password?