Vanguard Variants Sale This Week Until Sept 7 - Poll Added!

What is your Guard?

• Vanguard Warden - Jack of all Trades

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Vanguard Sentinel - Black and Yellow

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Vanguard Harbinger - Rockets Away!

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/280300/vanguard-variant-pricing#latest

For those that hate the RSI forum:

The base Vanguard is now called the Vanguard Warden
Vanguard Sentinel will be $275
Vanguard Harbinger will be $295

-EDIT-

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/280742

Sale confirmed for this week. Stock up what you want.

-Double Edit!-
Sale page with info!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14915-Vanguards-And-Then-There-Were-Three

Ship Talk will gain a new chapter when these are released and be posted on TGN!

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/280300/vanguard-variant-pricing#latest

For those that hate the RSI forum:

The base Vanguard is now called the Vanguard Warden
Vanguard Sentinel will be $275
Vanguard Harbinger will be $295

Supposedly these are being sold next week.

Ship Talk will gain a new chapter when these are released and be posted on TGN!
Ooooh. I speculate that the Sentinel will remove the turret in favor of scanner and detection equipment similar to the Aquila and the Hornet Tracker. For the Harbinger, I'm less sure. Maybe a short-range model with increased weapons loadout?

Raevan

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Raevan
Looking forward to the variants, although not sure about the role of the sentinel as definition for harbinger is a person who goes ahead and makes known the approach of another , and sentinel means to keep watch. So Sentinel long range scanners like Hornet Tracker as WarrenPeace said , and maybe void armour and less energy weapons. Harbinger EWAR role?

Raevan

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Raevan
Its a concept sale so I'd guess LTI as it's the first time they will have sold/shown the variants

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen

If that turret doesn't get inside the hull like in the concept sale I'll be very disappointed

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Ben said on RTV they would "likely sell it with LTI"

Not that I care, I think every ship purchased with IRL dollars before commercial release should have LTI, but some people will get bent out of shape over it not being an exclusive LTI Vanguard club any more, even though the Vanguard sale was...5(?) months ago?

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
They will have to do some convincing to make me think these varients worth the money. From what we know we are looking at an electronic warfare varient and a bomber varient.

The bomber will cost noticably more than a tali, but I somehow doubt it will pack the same punch, more punch per crewmember perhaps, but it's also significantly more expensive than the other 2-crew bomber, so is the range worth it?

The E-warfare version could be interesting, but we simple don't know how effective that is going to be, hope they do some explaining on that front. Honestly since I have the base model with LTI, I'll probably wait, the CCUs will be available again when they are flyable so I don't see much reason to splash more cash...

You are all permitted to quote me on this when I give in over the weekend :P

Reactions: Dalarast

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I might melt down a Cutlass and my Herald for the EWAR version...it's pretty much what I wanted to do with my Herald anyway tbh.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
They will have to do some convincing to make me think these varients worth the money. From what we know we are looking at an electronic warfare varient and a bomber varient.

The bomber will cost noticably more than a tali, but I somehow doubt it will pack the same punch, more punch per crewmember perhaps, but it's also significantly more expensive than the other 2-crew bomber, so is the range worth it?

The E-warfare version could be interesting, but we simple don't know how effective that is going to be, hope they do some explaining on that front. Honestly since I have the base model with LTI, I'll probably wait, the CCUs will be available again when they are flyable so I don't see much reason to splash more cash...

You are all permitted to quote me on this when I give in over the weekend :p
I'm with you on this. The vanguard is a "purrrty" ship; but not for that price point for something that I already have two ships that can do its variants role (the tali = bomber and herald = EWAR).

This will be another sale that I will sit back and goad people to spent their money toward pledging for a vanguard while I will spend my money on a underwater rescue survival course....

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I'm with you on this. The vanguard is a "purrrty" ship; but not for that price point for something that I already have two ships that can do its variants role (the tali = bomber and herald = EWAR).

This will be another sale that I will sit back and goad people to spent their money toward pledging for a vanguard while I will spend my money on a underwater rescue survival course....
Just bought a ditching bucket for my mini excavator

Forgot your password?