Vanguard weapons. . .

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Says he's putting panthers in. Doesn't put panthers in.

I guess he don't know his warbirds quite as well as he like to think!

I came into this thread thinking: "vanguard weapons?? gonna be a short thread, theres only two, the gatling and the m7a!" :smile:

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hmmmm, he clearly says CF117 Badgers at 2:08, but they still can't be replaced, not in Hangar, not in Arena Commander ship customisation.
Oh, badgers. They're size 2, they would work . . .if they worked, haha. That'll teach me to comment without watching the video.

Reactions: marcsand2

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Will those of you who own please keep an eye on for us and see if this changes? With essentially 5 different weapons groups (S5 gimbaled primary, 4 S2 fixed and 2S2 turret and at least 2 missile types and sizes to select from) this can be highly customized for each task, IF CIG will let us adapt it like every other bird. It makes a big deal for me, as I am planning on owning several Vanguard.

If for example you fly a pair of Kroneg FL-33's on the chin mount, you can hit most opponents from outside their range with enough power that pesky dog-fighters might never even get in range to scratch you, and StarG's will lay down arms and beg for terms. If you know you are going to be in a dogfight and need to dish out harm by the armful, a pair of BEHR C-788 ballistic cannon, surrounded by 6 Tigerstreiks is all hell on wheels. We need the choices to make this bird worth flying.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It was the turret.
Damn, I forgot about the turret... are you sure? Why would the pirates Vanguard turret be manned and the Pirate Cutlass not be manned? I turned around the belly and back of the Pirate Vanguards and Cutlasses, as long as I could stay away of the nose, nothing could hit me. A stream of Badger shots is like tracer rounds, you see directly where they come from. The one that killed me with the CF-117 shot me in the back. At the 14th wave I was alone and swarmed by Pirates.

And... The Cutlass Black has default 2 Badgers on its turret, the Warden has Sawbucks on it's turret. Right now it's confusing because I couldn't see who shot me.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I turned around the belly and back of the Pirate Vanguards and Cutlasses, as long as I could stay away of the nose, nothing could hit me. A stream of Badger shots is like tracer rounds, you see directly where they come from. . .

And... The Cutlass Black has default 2 Badgers on its turret, the Warden has Sawbucks on it's turret.
A guy after my own heart. You can actually tell what they're shooting at you from the color and frequency of the shots! So you can tell whose shots will go right through your shields and who will run out of bullets in a lengthy scrap. Skills like this make a great combat pilot!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
A guy after my own heart. You can actually tell what they're shooting at you from the color and frequency of the shots! So you can tell whose shots will go right through your shields and who will run out of bullets in a lengthy scrap. Skills like this make a great combat pilot!
Unfortunately not all. Only the ones I use frequently. Laser cannons however give some good fireworks when they hit, it really is a pleasure to shoot at a Cutlass or a Vanguard from close range with 5 laser cannons :sunglasses:
Ballistics are the invisible killers, you don't see them coming, however, if you are taking damage without your shield down: ballistics. When you are chasing an enemy and you hear the gatlings of the Gladius, drop your target and look for the Gladius, kill that first, those gatlings are mean.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Unfortunately not all. Only the ones I use frequently. Laser cannons however give some good fireworks when they hit, it really is a pleasure to shoot at a Cutlass or a Vanguard from close range with 5 laser cannons :sunglasses:
Ballistics are the invisible killers, you don't see them coming, however, if you are taking damage without your shield down: ballistics. When you are chasing an enemy and you hear the gatlings of the Gladius, drop your target and look for the Gladius, kill that first, those gatlings are mean.
More Marcsand wisdom! Thank you.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
And... The Cutlass Black has default 2 Badgers on its turret, the Warden has Sawbucks on it's turret. Right now it's confusing because I couldn't see who shot me.
For flying Vanguards with the big gun fixed, I am still liking the WAR Neutron Cannon, since its pip lines with the nose lasers, is fast and has incredible range, which changes the capability of the fighter as a whole. For the turret, it seems to me a great upgrade from the Sawbucks are the Sledges. They shoot very fast, do more damage, penetrate shields and have the best S2 weapon range. And one can imagine reloading ballistics from inside the Vanguard though we don't know that is possible yet. Certainly we should hope it is possible in the bigger ships like the Polaris.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You can only mount the neutron if you got one of them silly alien ships though?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You can only mount the neutron if you got one of them silly alien ships though?
The calculator won't open right now so I can't check, but I believe if you look at the very short S5 list, at top is the version we will eventually be able to mount, and near the bottom is the Vanduul version. Looks like we will be able to mount their weapons, but keep in mind they overheat quickly. They're designed same as all their craft, for swift, heavy attacks. Generally their stuff would be good mounted on Ghost Hornets, Prowlers or anything that attacks from stealth.

Forgot your password?