Vanishing Grey Matket CCU?

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
Vanishing Grey Matket CCU?
Hi all, just to pick your brains a little. I brought a '' UPGRADE - ARGO MOLE TO MERCHANTMAN WARBOND EDITION CCU'' last week on the Grey Market, the guy checked out, has thousands of sales, i out lined the ship/price i wanted...all went smoothly, a few days later melted the CCU and it went into my BuyBack list, checked yesterday morning all Ok. Late thursday i needed to do a reset, it was when i checked my hangar, there was this pop-up:
Untitled.png

What i would like some clarity on is:
Could it be an CI issue?
Could it be i have been scammed?, or something else. I'm curious to say the least. Any advice would ne welcome.

Regards.

Reactions: vahadar

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I'm having the same issue with the ccu in my buybacks (Hull C to Merchantman) looks like either CIG removed those from the store or there is an issue.

So i'm 99% sure its on CIG side. You can try to submit a request but cig is most likely not supporting people involved into grey market by TOS

Last edited:

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
I could be wrong, but I believe if the CCU is in your hangar you're fine, but if you melted it and the CCU is in buy backs they get nuked if there's a price increase.

Reactions: vahadar and Michael

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Where do i actually ''submit a request''?. Cheers.
It is lost forever. It has nothing to do with Grey. They did updated the matrix that is all.

I had like 30+ of BMM CCU in buybacks and could buy half in time after Xeno IAE launch and just before they introduced the warbond BMM. They took some time to update the matrix, It was a quick opportunity.

Now the remaining 13 I have in buybacks show an error 500 on purchase. The error itself is not normal since you are supposed to buy it back, but at its new price. So like Texelis said they got nuked.

And even if they are again available for repurchase, you will NOT get Mole to BMM credit at 35 anymore but at 135.

This is in the official FAQ about CCU and reclaiming. All CCU left in buybacks get price jumped ALL the time.

No point in doing a ticket, you'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayeteeone

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
All ccu's return an error if either ship changes in price AND they were bought in last year. All older ccu's stay same price. This change happened during laat IAE sale when they updated upgrade tool.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
All ccu's return an error if either ship changes in price AND they were bought in last year. All older ccu's stay same price. This change happened during laat IAE sale when they updated upgrade tool.
So this includes last year AND this year CCU right? Mine were purchased this year during Alien Week. In short since last IAE?

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
hmm, that is really odd. They do kill out some normal ccu's but I've never seen them kill out warbond ccu's.
That must mean they really don't want people to have the BMM for cheap.
Do you mean this ccu?

1606492835837.png

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I think they had to manually change all the prices in store and was very labor intensive. Old ccu's never change so the old Gemini to BMM is still $10.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I have never experienced a warbond ccu being disabled. That said, CIG can do anything they want. They probably learned from the past and decided to kill off any ccu that was of high value.

Also it has nothing to do with the grey market.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This is probably an important PSA.

If you have a CCU in buyback, and the value of the ship being CCU'd increases, your CCU token in buyback is wiped.

Am I getting this right?

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
This is probably an important PSA.

If you have a CCU in buyback, and the value of the ship being CCU'd increases, your CCU token in buyback is wiped.

Am I getting this right?
Yes correct, however, ccu's that were purchased prior to the first IAE will still work. Also in my experience, warbond ccu's don't get deactivated. It appears this has changed with the BMM.

Reactions: Doyzer and vahadar

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yes correct, however, ccu's that were purchased prior to the first IAE will still work.
I need some extra clarification here.

If you owned a CCU last week, and its in buyback, then its still valid.

If you try buy a CCU from a 3rd party today, it will transfer to your account just fine, but if you then redeem it for credit, that CCU will be removed?

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
Yes correct, however, ccu's that were purchased prior to the first IAE will still work. Also in my experience, warbond ccu's don't get deactivated. It appears this has changed with the BMM.
Makes sense. I'll buy back my C2/MSR tonight. So buyer beware, some small caveates that don't get mentioned much, but which are crucial to the buying process.Cheers.

Forgot your password?