[Video] About that Origin sneak peek teaser. How about medium sized Origin ship?

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
After the success of the Carrack, I would assume theyre putting heavy thought into an origin version. I know they have the 600i, but im thinking size close to the carrack, large cargo hold, large vehicle bay, hangar, Capital radar and the sort. No swimming pools or saunas though.

I also like the idea of the mercury equivalent.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
If that screen shot actually shows a bridge and isn't just a mockup from the Origin "headquarters" A medium ship might be nice to field. Trying to dump two high ticket items in a row might not be the best strategy.

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
"Ears to the ground"
We will get the iSubway or the iTrain!

Image from teaser shows rather big bridge for such a small ship ;)
Who said this is the bridge of the new ship?
This is the Origin headquater.
You can find it here on the second tab from the right:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I agree with you on the series, I also agree it wont be bigger than an 890, I have a few theories myself, one is this will be an 890 retrofit or something of similar size but be purely science based as we only have one dedicated science vessel in that size which is the Endeavor. Otherwise I feel you are on track with a 500 series or 400 series but I feel Origin has a chance to fill a science role with its tech it could own this particular area. I hope its not a combat ship as we have enough of those, maybe not in the Origin line but I feel there are other area's we could fill.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
If that screen shot actually shows a bridge and isn't just a mockup from the Origin "headquarters" A medium ship might be nice to field. Trying to dump two high ticket items in a row might not be the best strategy.
That screenshot is almost certainly from an 890. It does not discount the theorycrafting though of a new class and they are just using stock footage.

the ICC is the imperial cartography center, so it certainly could be an exploratory ship. Now, they have said the 890 can do some exploration, so they MIGHT...offer up an 890 explorer version similar to the 600i explorer...they could charge more and then get people to spend more for that version to get LTI for their 890. Just a thought.

however, a smaller ship between vanguard/freelancee sized to Connie sized makes sense.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Good vijeo, sounds plausible.

What I would like to see is a 5 series station wagon sort of ship. Larger cargo space, enough for Rover to fit, but still stylish and fitted with a couple of nice guns, with the overall size a bit bigger than a freelancer maybe.

Second guess is medium sized ship with ground scanning equipment/large radar pointing down and a Rover hanging on a quick release outside the ship ready to deploy, but also comes with a champagne bar with a 360 Dome window on the bottom of the ship. Or something cool but ultimately kinda useless along those lines. Lol

Forgot your password?