Video: Crytek sues Star Citizen for breach of contract

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Bottom line is that CIG has Ortwin, the co-founder as legal council, who also represented Crytek as a client in the past.

My best guess is that CIG will counter that Crytek failed to deliver on their promises. Anything and everything they have done has been looked over by Ortwin, so they are well aware of any legal issues that may arise and are prepared to deal with them.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Right...
#1 We haven't heard anything from CIG yet...
#2 It all depends on what is in the contract...

With all their history of almost going completely broke in 2014 & 2016, I'm guessing that Crytek could not fulfill their end of the contract. (Especially when all their employees left and went to work for somebody who could pay them: CIG!)

But, who am I? I'm just a dog on the internet :P -- good point on the "fair market value" of the CryEngine, lol!

My guess: no resolution to this before 2020.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
About the current market value of cryengine licenses being $0, I'm fairly sure this doesn't affect anything. If the court sides with crytek and CIG has to pay damages, they'd reflect the cost of a license a few years ago when this alleged breach of contract allegedly happened. Still, it seems the worst imaginable outcome would be $75k, which let's face it, is nothing on the Star Citizen budged.

Forgot your password?